My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet

man that looks great assembled!! the question is.....can ya fit through a door???
hows the shoulder bell goin? i know you started that!

Yes, it is a big helmet, you'll have to watch your step in tight places! The shoulder bells will attach to the chest/ back harness thing eventually. Maybe with snaps or velcro.

That is an amazing helmet!!!

Since I'm named after Deunan in real life - yep, I'm really Deunan - I am eager to do the Deunan ESWAT from Ex Machina, can anybody help?? I can sew the bodysuit but the hard parts elude me. I can get the sword custom made.

Russ, happy to back you up once I get the gear together. Anybody who can help, maybe we should start a Deunan Knute thread and let this one be worship of the most awesome and excellent casting I've seen in ages.

Nice!!!

Deunan "Shiruba"

This is absolutely outstanding. I love it. Have you thought about trying to incorporate some kind of spring set you into the ears to allow for flex?

Can´t help myself ... but somehow the ears seem to be a bit too large, aren´t they?

I just watched the movie.

But nevertheless, Russ, you did a fantastic job here!

It's very possible to put a spring mech in the ears. All it would require is a compression spring and washers. Put the spring on the bolt sandwhiched between the helm and washers on the inside, tighten to dersired flex.

As far as the ears being big, I'll take another look. I do appreciate this kind of critique. I did take a few liberties. :rolleyes

I think the size looks pretty good. I was just thinking where they do stick out so far that a spring mech would allow some give if you were to smack into something or someone.

Hey Russ - I am in so many levels of happiness at the moment :D
lid arrived safe and sound.
very solid build - I may have to pinch ur method of layering a helmet/armour if I ever get round to doin one if dont mind.
looks even better in real life.
man those rabbit ears are heavy.

will be hittin u up for more stuff in future mate.

Nate

The ears are solid cast from smooth cast-roto. They actually help balance out the helmet. You'll need a padded helmet liner to keep it firm on your head. I just ordered one from a motor-cross replacement helmet part store. If it works out I'll post the pics.
Hey Russ - I am in so many levels of happiness at the moment :D
lid arrived safe and sound.
very solid build - I may have to pinch ur method of layering a helmet/armour if I ever get round to doin one if dont mind.
looks even better in real life.
man those rabbit ears are heavy.

will be hittin u up for more stuff in future mate.

Nate

Not familiar with the series, but Oh My Goodness!!! :eek:

That is one amazing helmet!! :cheers:

Digging those IronMan helms in the bg too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I found someone other than me has created the exmachina grade briareos head peice!! Looks great man. I'm also working on a civilian suit and ESWAT ballistic armor. Thats one thing i truly love about Bri- he's able to look cool in anything he wears! Just like me!! HAHAHA.

GREAT WORK MAN!

OLYMPUS

New pics! I'm really happy with the finish and lights look great. Woo-Hoo!

bri-finish1.jpg

bri-finish3.jpg

bri-finish4.jpg

lookin good there Russ.

was wondering how tall are u - was mucking abt with my lid today - and I dont think I will pull off a Bri cossie - i look kinda bobble-headed at the moment.

lookin forward to ur Bri full build :D

Nate

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back