STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas

Well, my ESB Fett wont be anywhere near complete...but if I can by some miracle get my snowtrooper finished, then I will probably sport that. But I should be there either way.

Whoa! I just happened to click on this thread to see what kinds of fun everyone else would be having, and you know what? I'm going to be in the Dallas area on business around those dates! Woo-Hoo! I'll be checkin to see if I can squeeze it into my schedule. Fun times! :)

I am there. I will have a table. My prices varies, depending on what you want done.
I will offer quick 1 minute Official Fan Days sketch card for free though,
along with postcard art prints and sketchbooks (if I can get them back in time)
anything else or more detailed, sorry, but will be followed by a price.

I am open for commissions to be picked up at the con as well, if anyone is interested.

Since this is to be my first time attending one of these in costume, can I get some advice?? Just a little concerned about logistics -- especially given the cumbersome nature of this outfit. Do you put everything on and drive there? Put half of it on and carry the rest? Put it on when you get there?

Right now I lack the skill to get all of this on by myself. Mostly because of the challenge in getting the harness on correctly through vest and backplate. Then there's the matter of the jet pack....

So, assuming I want to be in full Fett regalia going in on Saturday, how would you do that? My hotel is the Dallas Renaissance Richardson -- about five miles away. Pointers?

-Chris

Good questions. Without a hotel within walking distance you could maybe arrange to meet a fellow TDH member at their hotel room if closer and change there or change at your car. Either way you'll need someone to help you get your costume on. Sorry, that's not the most helpful post ever.

I'll be at the con but I'm working with one of the art guests so no costume for me. I'll be sure to stop by the TDH table multiple times, everyone stop by Paul Ballard's table and say hi!

I would wear as much as you can (without having to draw too much attention to yourself should you need to stop for gas), and call someone for assistance once you arrive. If you need, I can come out to the parking lot, or send someone to help.

I may take you up on that!

Actually, I thought of how to deal with the whole harness rings issue even while I was sitting here. So I may be able to do even more of it myself. :)

Thanks!
Chris

I would wear as much as you can (without having to draw too much attention to yourself should you need to stop for gas), and call someone for assistance once you arrive. If you need, I can come out to the parking lot, or send someone to help.

That's a great Story :lol:... got time too, shoot. :D

By request, here's the whole 'Chewbacca Stole My Cooler' Story...

Back in 2004, I still lived in Colorado, and was GML for Mountain Garrison. For the annual StarFest, we heard that Peter Mayhew would be a guest of the con. The garrison leadership immediately took initiative to make arrangements for his transport from the airport to the hotel, and planned to have him inducted as an Honorary 501st Member at a Saturday night banquet.

Peter’s one request: “I’ve had trouble finding Dr. Pepper at many cities in that area of the U.S. If it’s available, could someone be kind enough to have some brought down to my table?”

Being the avid Dr. Pepper drinker that I am, I volunteered to be Peter’s personal supplier. Both Friday and Saturday, I brought him a six-pack of ice-cold refreshment, in my favorite cooler. This small cooler was rather unique, in that its colors were so bright, one could see the pastel yellow/turquoise/purple monstrosity from space. I loved that cooler. Like having a mangy one-eyed dog for a pet, I never had to worry about someone mistaking it for their own. What could go wrong at a sci-fi convention?

The rest of the weekend’s events went off without a hitch. Saturday night, we held the induction ceremony (I’ll have to dig around for some pictures), and Peter had kind words for everyone involved.

Sunday morning, after most of the activities had wound down, and Peter was on his departing flight, I went down to his table to retrieve my beloved cooler.

It was gone. Vanished. Thin air.

I asked nearby celebrities and staffers if they’d seen the cooler. Nope. I cornered hotel workers and asked the same. No dice. No one from the garrison picked it up, either. I was left with one conclusion:

Chewbacca stole my cooler.

And I know where he lives. :lol:

Awesome story!

Oh...and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper is easily the most delicious soft drink, if not beverage, ever invented. My one and only (ha!) vice....

By request, here's the whole 'Chewbacca Stole My Cooler' Story...

Back in 2004, I still lived in Colorado, and was GML for Mountain Garrison. For the annual StarFest, we heard that Peter Mayhew would be a guest of the con. The garrison leadership immediately took initiative to make arrangements for his transport from the airport to the hotel, and planned to have him inducted as an Honorary 501st Member at a Saturday night banquet.

Peter’s one request: “I’ve had trouble finding Dr. Pepper at many cities in that area of the U.S. If it’s available, could someone be kind enough to have some brought down to my table?”

Being the avid Dr. Pepper drinker that I am, I volunteered to be Peter’s personal supplier. Both Friday and Saturday, I brought him a six-pack of ice-cold refreshment, in my favorite cooler. This small cooler was rather unique, in that its colors were so bright, one could see the pastel yellow/turquoise/purple monstrosity from space. I loved that cooler. Like having a mangy one-eyed dog for a pet, I never had to worry about someone mistaking it for their own. What could go wrong at a sci-fi convention?

The rest of the weekend’s events went off without a hitch. Saturday night, we held the induction ceremony (I’ll have to dig around for some pictures), and Peter had kind words for everyone involved.

Sunday morning, after most of the activities had wound down, and Peter was on his departing flight, I went down to his table to retrieve my beloved cooler.

It was gone. Vanished. Thin air.

I asked nearby celebrities and staffers if they’d seen the cooler. Nope. I cornered hotel workers and asked the same. No dice. No one from the garrison picked it up, either. I was left with one conclusion:

Chewbacca stole my cooler.

And I know where he lives. :lol:

Yay, I've pretty much arranged my work schedule so that I can be around on Saturday, until about 4pm. Will definitely be helping out with the booth if needed. I just have no idea which costume I'm going to wear...

I vote for Barbie Fett!

Although I'm pretty certain I'd break the Annoy-o-Meter if the wife later saw me in a picture with you. :D

Yay, I've pretty much arranged my work schedule so that I can be around on Saturday, until about 4pm. Will definitely be helping out with the booth if needed. I just have no idea which costume I'm going to wear...

"Honey, I'm not going to make it until tomorrow....they cancelled my flight......I know! I'm terribly disappointed your mother will have to wait another day, too!" :D

I'm just sayin! These things happen...

bah, I am actually going to be in Plano from the 21st and leaving the 25th to visit the in-laws.

flight leaves at 2:30. hmmm

what is everyone going as? (or, lemme rephrase that..how many boba's and jangos am i gonna see lol?)

im going, although since all my star wars costumes are still at my moms house ( i moved out recently for collge) i will probably either go as a half-life 2 rebel or nothing. my girlfriend wants to go as wicket but i dunno if ill be able to finish her 'wicket hat' she wants on time, anyone got a site that shows how to make that little rag thing he wears over his head?

I arrive from san antonio on friday night and staying at the red roof inn. i dont plan to be in costume but ill wear my TDH shirt incase yall need help manning the table.

Juan

I arrive from san antonio on friday night and staying at the red roof inn. i dont plan to be in costume but ill wear my TDH shirt incase yall need help manning the table.

Juan

See you there Juan (y)...look for me or Batninja at the table, I'm sure he will need help.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back