My Ep2 Clone Pilot

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
Ok, well I guess if we're going to start a new forum for other SW costumes, I'll help get things started as well. Here are a few pics of my Ep2 clone pilot. I don't have many due to me only trooping in it twice, with only one being in it's completed state. So, here are a few shots I like. The first pic is at the Clone Wars premier (my sister, littlebekahc , calls it "marshmallow clone"). The second is with some friends from my local FanForce group while at LegoLand Star Wars Days 2008, this past weekend.

I did incorporate a hidden hinge and pin closure on my forearm armor, and snaps on my shins...hmm, wonder where I got those ideas from?;)

Enjoy,
Cruzer

2008-09_501st_cruz.jpg

2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a gorgeous costume my friend, top notch job as always.
I'd like to make a clone pilot some time down the road, so don't be surprised when I start PM'ing you for details. ;)

Cruzer,
how did you find 3 people shorter than you to take that pic?
were you at a dwarf convention?
;)

Seriously! That kinds of brings doubt that it's Cruzer in the photo. There's no way he's as tall or taller than those people. :lol:

J/K looking good man.

Lewis, you could still be a Jawa dude.:lol:

Cruzer,
how did you find 3 people shorter than you to take that pic?
were you at a dwarf convention?
;)
Actually, it was an orthodontic convention! I got some business cards if you ever need a good dentist.;) I'm just kidding. What would SW characters be doing at a dental convention, silly me? It was really the Star Wars days at LegoLand this past weekend. Weren't you there on Sunday?:)

Don't tell anybody, but I'm actually wearing lifts! So fortunately it puts me at about 5'10" suited up.8) I'm a short clone, but a clone none-the-less.(y)

Thanks guys for the compliments.

Seeker, the weathering is actually based on the ref. pic in the Chronicles Prequels book, which I believe is from the digital files. (y)

Does your Orthodontist also dabble in Hair Replacement, or do you have a seperate guy for that?
Actually, I think I haven't had an orthodontist since I had my braces back in jr high and high school. I believe that's when a lot of people have them, but then there are some people like my wife who have braces later on as adults. She's doing that invisaline thing, and she really recommends them. As for hair replacement, why would I have a guy for that?:)

So did I miss you on Sunday at LegoLand? I was only able to attend on Saturday, but I heard Sunday was fun as well. If I lived closer, I would have surely attended that day as well. It was neat to hear some of the kids know exactly who my character was. I even had some kids ask me if I flew particular ships, I would just say yes to all the ones they'd mention. I guess I now need to brush up on my ship classes!:D

WOW you look good dude......At least for a little guy but hey I cant really talk either cause I am WWWWAAAAYYYY too big for Jango....LOL

Amazing costume mate !!! I love the 2nd pic !!!

What helmet is that ??? (the ep.II clone pilot costume is one of my very favourite ones !! I hope I can complete one someday, with the chest tank, and the amzing helmet !! GREAT WORK DUDE !!! You MUST send me more pics !!! :)

I think you've just found yourself a call sign there Cruzer! :lol: :p

It looks absoutly awsome mate! :cheers
Well, I kinda liked "Cruzer", but I'll consider it....ok, that didn't take long...I think I'll stick with "Cruzer"!;):D

Benkenove, here's a link to more pics of the chestbox for you . I think I estimated about 45-50 hours invested alone in the chestbox build because it's all scratch built from styrene sheet, sprinkler parts, and all working electronics. The bottom dowl is removable. The chestbox itself, contains two alternate blinking LEDs, a steady red LED, and a faux screen that's backlit by a high intensity blue LED, and the speaker for my Hasbro voice changer. The power supply for the LEDs is located in the chestbox, with the LEDs being controlled by the two rocker switches on the chestbox.

The wiring for the speaker runs through one of the hoses and into my helmet where the Hasbro speaker system's circuit board and power supply is housed. Then, the prerecord voice commands and voice amplifier are controlled by tact switches located in the finger tips of my left glove.(y)

http://s383.photobucket.com/albums/oo272/Lorenzo_Cruz1/Phase I Clone Pilot Project/?start=0

Don't tell anybody, but I'm actually wearing lifts! So fortunately it puts me at about 5'10" suited up.8) I'm a short clone, but a clone none-the-less.(y)

i do the same thing in my fett... i'm 5' 9" natively, but between the shoes, lifts and helmet padding, the top of my dome is just around 6'

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back