My Evening With George Lucas

Bubba Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Had a tremendous opportunity to be a Darth Vader at the Force Unleashed launch last Monday night at Best Buy here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Lucas Film chose me to accompany George Lucas onstage for photo opps. I was also photographed with Mr. Lucas and several of the game's stars in a private photo area backstage.

This is the only photo I have at the moment, and it's a pretty bad one. I'll post more when I get them. Supposed to get some shots from the other photos they took, which should look much better.

Did not get to talk to Mr. Lucas because he was surrounded with handlers and press. Did get a shot with my arm around his shoulder so hopefully it comes out.

Lucasvadersam.jpg

There is a YouTube video as well.

Since I was so much taller than Lucas and visibility is so bad in the helmet I had no idea what he was doing with his hands. I only later realized he was trying to give me the mike - D'oh! No idea what I would have said if he actually gave it to me.

Fan went out while I was up there under the hot lights and I barely made it back down the stairs because my lenses had fogged up. :wacko

Anyway, a great night and a once in a lifetime experience to be with the man himself.

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
so cool! i saw the pic of the stormtroopers getting pushed by starkiller. i can't wait to get the game. i told myself that i wasn't going to get it until my clone trooper is done!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back