RussRep\'s aluminum gauntlet missle project NEW PICS

Yes,I think if someone gets one and slaps it on an FP gaunt. for a pic. it will help the sales alot on these.It's hard to get a feel for how accurate it is with just these pics. :)

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys I have not got a gauntlet!! So what will do is take some more pics for you all, I'll do close up pics with a tape next to it so you can get a good look at it.
Russ.

Russ, I just wanted to ask again, if you modified your design to remove some of the ribs on the bottom (as suggested above), would this potentially reduce the overall cost due to the reduced machining requred? Just a thought!

RussRep wrote:

Hi mate they are $174 shipped. I am machining other batch of 7 at the mo.
Russ.

Hi guys I have just finished the other 6 missile's heres a few pics.
miss1_3.jpg

missile1_2.jpg

Any 1 needing 1 please get in touch I have 3 left .
cambareng@hotmail.com
Russ.

Not to be a pain in the arse,but since some things in the proto/ESB Fett suits were original peices, ie. Webley/jet pack grappelling hook/rangefinder, would it be prudent to assume that the gauntlet missle was also "original".That being said and again "assuming" that it IS/WAS a clutch adjustment tool the splines/ribs would go all the way around wouldn't they? I'm just thinking on the lines of accuracy to the original :)

Steve

batninja wrote:

The only visible ribs on the ROTJ MoM exhibit are the six on top. If you look closely, the bottom (underside) of the rocket is smooth, to make it easier to glue/screw onto the gauntlet.

rocket.jpg

So by grooving the entire thing, Russ, you did more work than really needed. But what GREAT work it is!
As you can see from the pic batninja posted the ribs dont go all the way round. The first 6 I machined I did the ribs going all the way round, The second 6 I machined I left out the ribs. I have 3 left of the second batch. I will do a third run of these once they are gone.
Russ.

True,but the ROTJ missle was most likely a cast version.Surely there was an original at some point and all the missles there after were cast in resin.Being that they looked crudely glued on in the MOM pics the flat bottom would work better for the resin recasts.I'm just going on the assumption that the ESB was an origial peice as some of the earlier Fett costume pieces were and then just cast for the multiple versions and extra suits for Fett.That being said and still going on the notion that the "missle" body was indeed a clutch alignment tool the splines/ribs would go all the way around.This would just help with the accuracy for an ESB,or Pre-pro version IMHO :)

Steve

Hey to all from germany,

O.K. yesterday I get my missle from Russ and the only thing I can say great this think rocks totaly. I can´t wait to get my gaunlets from USA to put it on and see the resutls. I any other would like to have a real cool missle you must call Russ I´am so happy with this baby.

Greetings
Guido

I just received my metal missile from RussRep and I have to say its mi-T purty! Well worth the money. It unscrews into 4 parts to make painting easy. Although I almost can't bear to cover any part of this beauty with paint! In the words of Ferris, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

The will be a nice addition to my costume. This is one part that seem impossible to keep paint on if when you wear the costume- now it won't be an issue.

Thanks Russell for offering these!

Mark

Great missle, I still need a gauntlet set. Hopefully I will get my wife to approve it next year.

Someone should really pick this one up from Russ. I know its a lot of money to drop on just one part of one piece of the costume, but if you are serious about putting together a good Fett costume, its a must. Its right up there with the Cheng Fett boots. You never know if Russ or anyone else will be doing these again, and I guarantee that you would spend more finding your own machinist to do one.

Mark

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back