RussRep\'s aluminum gauntlet missle project NEW PICS

Hi Mate yes the ribs go all the way round but i have not drilled or taped any holes yet.
Russ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all just to let people know who are interested in the missile that i started the brass cone to day i should have some pics tomorrow.
Russ.

bobafettish, I thought I understood the design of the ribs, but maybe I don't. What do you mean when you say,

"There should only be six ribs total without any on the bottom section." ??

Same here. I have machined the ribs all the way round. But i am leaving the drilled taped holes till they are finished. Just in case some wants bigger or smaller holes!
I should have some new pics tomorrow.
Russ.

The only visible ribs on the ROTJ MoM exhibit are the six on top. If you look closely, the bottom (underside) of the rocket is smooth, to make it easier to glue/screw onto the gauntlet.

rocket.jpg

So by grooving the entire thing, Russ, you did more work than really needed. But what GREAT work it is!

Cheers mate. As long as you guys dont have any probs attaching it, It will be fine.
Russ.

Actually, it appears there are two wider ribs at the sides of the bottom, as shown in the above photo, but the absolute bottom appears to be flat with no ribs. I'll dig up the pics.

Russ,

Looking very very nice! You do awesome work!

Stay safe.

Tim.

Thanks Tim. Hi guys i have some new pics for you i finished the brass cone to day here are the pics i hope you like them. They will be finished in the next 3-4 days!!
miss1.jpg

miss2.jpg

miss4.jpg

Russ.

WOW! Great job on the cone, man! And it appears the holes are lined up nicely and all the same size. Only a small part left to do, eh?

Hi batninja thanks man i have spent alot of time on these missiles ! Yes just the last piece to do should be all done in the next 3-4 Days.
Russ.

So how many ribs are there total on yours, Russ? Not to sound like a broken record either, but what kind of price range are we looking at for one of these?

Hi mate i have done the ribs all the way round. But i still have not drilled or tapped any holes for you to attach. I was going to put 4mm tapped holes but i am going to wait and see what people want . For 1 missile shipped will be $174 . I've machined 6 which 2 are sold so i have 4 left. If you are in UK Total price P+P is £105. The missiles will be finished in 3-4 days i will be doing a first come first serve basis, I also will be starting other batch of 6 missiles in a few weeks. Any questions please get in touch.
Many thanks
Russ cambareng@hotmail.com

Looks great Russ! Any chance you could give us the length of the missle? It might help to see where you arrived at for some of us trying to fit it in our gauntlets.

Also,will you be making these for a while?

Steve

Hey Russ,

I have send an email and it would be great to get a fast answear.

Best regards
Guido Tk-4140
501st. German-Garrison

Hi steve No probs soon as they are done i will take some more pics with a rule next to them and also give you the length. I will be machining these for as long as people want them. I will be doing other 6 soon. Should post some finished pics later.
Russ.

Hi again all I have finished the Missiles to day. Here are some pics. I have 3 left but i will be starting other batch of 6 in the next week or so . I am going to put up a list so if you miss out on this 6 and are interested in getting 1 just add your name to the list. Because if there is a lot of people wanting 1 I will machine more than 6.

missile fin1.jpg

missile fin2.jpg

missile fin3.jpg

Many thanks
Russ cambareng@hotmail.com

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back