RussRep\'s aluminum gauntlet missle project NEW PICS

hey russ

i wonder how you got that blueprint;), any updates?

cheers

neil
uk-scout
WWW.UK-SCOUT.CO.UK
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukscout-webbanner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First off this has been around for some time now, second , it was an effort between Boba Phett and I to get this produced. This is the end result of a couple of tries on my part with Phett's plans
Rocket3.01.jpg

Rocket3.02.jpg

Rocket3.03.jpg

Allmyrockets.jpg

One of the major obstacles is price, each one of these babies were $400 to machine, unless it were possible to get them for half that I don't know what type of interest there would be. Right now, as far as Phett and I can tell, it is a pretty accurate reproduction, however without the actual part to compare it to, there is only the ref pics and various other methods to create an accurate copy. As you can see from the last picture I have been down this road before, thanks to Phett, we were able to take what was learned from the other 2 that were made previous to come up with an accurate 3rd version. I wanted it to be the most accurate piece made so far, so every part of that was scrutinized over for a period of weeks before I had a version machined. I cannot claim how accurate it is without an actual reference piece, but from ref pics and using other found parts from the suit, I will say it is VERY accurate. If anyone would like to discuss any "MAJOR" visual discrepancies let me know.

I have been fortunate to see all three of Fettcicle's machined missles in person, and they are top notch; better than any resin copies that I have seen. As he mentioned, they were very pricey to have made which is why I do not have one as of yet.

I would recommend sending one of your prototypes to him for comparison, and from there he can scrutinize it with Phett who lives nearby. They have both spent an extensive amount of time researching this piece of the costume.

I've seen all three missiles of Fettcicle's and the 3rd version really nailed it (I am biased of course). The first two missiles look really good, but you could tell they were just not there yet. When I saw the third missile in person, I knew it would be tough to find something wrong. Even still, we spent hours going over it at multiple angles and couldn't find anything left to tweak on it. Fettcicle and I temporarily put the 3rd missile onto the glass FP upper gauntlet I have with my real expander and real MQ-1, it blended right in. -Mark

Man am I glad to see "fettcicle",and "Boba Phett" since if any could tweak the gauntlet missle to perfection they could. :) Hopefully enough interest can be drummed up this time to get this project done once and for all and at a price that isn't cost prohibitive to most.

Steve

Well, for what it's worth, I was doing some work with someone here on the board on an machined missile and . . . . I had to let the project go as there wasn't a toolshop that would touch it for any less than $500CDN. Which . . . . I think you'll agree, is just way too much.

I guess I'll just stick with resin!

Hi guys i can do the missile spot on but there is a but!! I cant seem to find the materail for the long ribbed length . I,m going to machine 1 this week with out the rib on it . I can machine the ribbed piece but the price will go up!!
Russ.

Thats the only problem i have at the mo is milling out the ribs it takes time !! And time is money lol. So i am looking at a way of doing them as cheap as poss. Hopefully i will have a sample done next week.
Russ.

Hi guys just a quick up date i will start machining the missile this week!!!!!!!
Russ.

Hi all well finished machining the end of the missile to day i will start the rest next week heres some pics of how its coming on.
Speak to you soon.
missile.jpg

missile1.jpg

missile2.jpg

Thanks.
Russ.

Lookin GREAT so far!
I'm interested in one.
My brother is still working on his blueprints (he's been on vacation with the Family), but it looks like we might not need them.
Could the ribs be done as seperate individual pieces and
then just glued on (by purchaser)?
More like a kit?
I wouldn't have a problem with it especially if it would make the machining process easier and the finished product cost less.
I mean, after its assembled and painted and weathered, would you really be able to tell?
Thanks for listening.
Robert E.

Hi mate ,
well i will be machining the ribbed middle section. I have worked out an easy way of machining the ribs. As you can see i am doing 6 i will be keping 1 for my self but the 5 will be offerd on the board. If i get a lot of interest i will do a run of 10-20 if people want them. I will post some more pics hopefully next week. But the missiles will be finished in 2 weeks!!!!
Russ.

Hi mate not yet i will as soon as i have them finished. I will do a price that will included shipping as well. Soon as they are done i will post the pics.
Russ.

Looking VERY nice! This is the one piece on my suit that is NOT metal! So I NEED one like this and I question if my machinest frined wants to invest the time to make me one. Count me 'interested'... in two possibly!

No problem i am working on these this week. So as soon as i have some more parts of it finished i will post the pics.
Russ.

One point that needs to be considered is that one particular missile design may not be a good fit with a particular gauntlet design. In other words, russrep's missile may look great on an FP gauntlet, but not on an MB gauntlet. Of course, this is an example only--I have no idea how a particular missile looks on a particular gauntlet.

Comments?

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back