A tough decision

Nephlite

New Hunter
Hello everyone; I've long been mostly a lurker on these forums, but love the whole Dented Helm community. Through your help, over the course of a year I was able to put together a complete RotJ Fett that I proudly took to several cons. It's almost all the best stuff I could get my hands on; all bobamaker fiberglass and soft parts, sidewinder blaster (signed by Jeremy Bulloch), CA boots, custom real leather ammo belt, tk409 chest display, etc. Unfortunately, I think it's the right time for me to move on.

I know it's a decision I'll regret a few times, but it's still the right one. I've had a lot of great times in my Fett, but I recently lost someone close to me, and it has taken the luster out of trooping. I'll be using the money to move and build a new life, which in the end will be good for me :love

My question to you guys is whether it's best to part out a complete suit like this, or try to sell it as a whole. Once I settle on that, I'll post about it in the cargo bay and throw the auction(s) up on ebay. It will be sad to see all my heard work go, but I'll be glad if the person is a part of this great community.

P.S. Have better images; will post when I'm not at work.

normal_IMG_5640.jpg

You can probably get more parting it out, but you risk ending up with some stray pieces, and a logistical night mare of communications.

On the other side, if you sell it all together, you will have a hard time finding someone to drop that kind of coin on it.

Id start selling it 'whole' and if you get enough offers on individual pieces, organize and part it out.

Good luck
Mason

you gonna have a hard time selling with a post count of 3.. is there anyone that can vouch for you? If you've gone to a couple cons, there gotta be someone thats seen your suit.

Your better off parting the suit better bang for the buck.
nice suit BTW!

JimmyBuffett is the only dented helmer I recall meeting at DragonCon 2007. Any of my bloodfin garrison members that have met me would likely give me a thumbs up. Figured I'd post the pieces that make it up here: will move this to the cargo bay soon--still at work.

It should be noted that I am 6'2'', and in most my photos weigh 180lbs, so things are made to fit that with some give in either direction. I recently dropped down to 160lbs, and it still fits well. Everything is already weathered and color appropriately for RotJ accuracy:

• Helmet: Bobamaker fiberglass and painted by bobamaker. Includes his delux range finder, which can be adjusted up or down by hand.
  • Chest, collar, shoulder and back armor: all bobamaker fiberglass, painted by bobamaker. The back bolts onto the collar, so it's probably best not to split those two up.
  • Chest display: TK 409 chest display.
  • Flak Jacket: Made by Bobamaker. Has Velcro sewn into it for the chest and shoulders, and has slits in the back for the jet pack harness (hidden by back plate). Neck seal sewn in.
  • Cape: Made by me from a real military surplus tent.
  • Flight Suit: Made by Bobamaker.
  • Wookie braids: 3 (black, white, brown), synthetic hair.
  • Jet Pack: Bobamaker fiberglass, painted by bobamaker.
  • Cod and Butt armor: Fiberglass made and painted by bobamaker. Attaches via snaps on both sides and down the middle.
  • Girth Belt: Dyed equestrian's girth belt with nylon straps.
  • Side pockets: Made by bobamaker
  • Ammo Belt: Made by Ashton Synn. Genuine leather with all 8 working pouches.
  • Gauntlets: ruffkintoy vacuform with fiberglass reinforcement, painted by me. Permanently fixed on one side, Velcros on the other side. Resin gauntlet rocket. Working switch controls one LED on the left gauntlet. 3 hoses permanently fixed on the right gauntlet.
  • Gloves: Made my bobamaker. Men's large.
  • Knee armor: Fiberglass made and painted by bobamaker. Attaches with elastic snaps around the back.
  • Shin tools: Made an painted by ruffkintoy.
  • Ankle Splats: Made my bobamaker.
  • Boots: CA boots with solid, single-piece cast aluminum toe spikes. Listed as size 12, but I wear them comfortably as a size 11 using an insert.
  • Blaster: Sidewinder kit, painted by sidewinder. Signed in silver by Jeremy Bulloch on the stalk. Says "Boba Fett was here Jeremy Bulloch"

cool!! I might have a pic of us together. I saw you and shock nurse there. that was good times!!!

just looked...no pic.. darn.. where was my camera guy at? lol but I remember that was a very nice costume!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back