Fan power

most of the fans that are good sized for helmets take 12 volts, but can run pretty well on a single 9 volt battery. Check the specs on the box when you buy them

Thanks for the reply, 'Pollo. That's a plus! A niner's no biggie to install in a bucket...I was worried it'd need a lantern battery, and that's a bit more conspicuous to conceal. I don't know much about resistors and whatnot, but if it runs around 9v, I'm less concerned about frying the thing before I get it installed.

Much preesh, ner vod.

Hey Monk...I suggest using squirrel cage fans and soldering the wires to a nine volt battery holder with a switch. This type of fan directs the air through an air duct much more effectively than a regular, run of the mill CPU/VPU fan.

5caa_1.jpg

SBH-9VA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Squirrel cage fans!? Wow, these boards fascinate even the newest posting noob! Thanks for the clue! Okay, now where might a simple man making his way procure such fans? Is this the type of thing they'd have at the local seed n tack shop, or should I consult the holonet?

Again, thanks for the tip, I'm always out for the most efficient in anything, and a bit claustrophobic...so if and when I get to, perhaps, "no buckets off" trooping status, I want the most comfortable lid I can devise.

Much Thanks, Monk

Also, thanks for the pics!! A visual for the "HUD" is always efficient and welcome!

I just wonder if someone can direct me to how a CPU fan is powered after installed in the bucket? I believe I can handle procurement and installation...but what type of power source/requirements are needed for the fan

connect one 9 volt negative to one 9 volt positive to another via the snaps
will make the fan run faster and last longer but you will have to build custom housing for it. it should look like this :cheers
picturelx5.jpg

w800.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back