Official Thread - Helmet

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Did you use the Rub n Buff Silver Leaf or did you also use the black to get the dirty detail?

The only thing I noticed on the helmet is that the dent is still noticeable. Otherwise, looks great. Amazing the color difference with flash and no flash! What colors did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the silver leaf RNB over aluminum spray paint. The black is simply black acrylic paint smudged here and there.
THe lighter blue is Painter's touch Brilliant Blue #1926, and the darker blue is Krylon Regal blue #1901, along with a ton of the Plasticote gloss on top.

Just watched AOTC again and I can confirm Jango had the dent BEFORE he enters the Slave 1. You can see it if you watch closely when he's climbing back up the side of the landing platform, just after he releases the cord Obi was hanging from.

-Austin

I just picked up the new Jango at Walmart. It is the final battle figure. First I noticed his head comes off! Then I noticed he has the stubby jet pack. When I put his head back on I noticed it is dented!

Nothing like a little post-Reek battle damage.

Mirax,

Where is the dent??? Someone around here pointed out that he gets bonked going into Slave one after the fight with Obi-wan on Kamino... I saw the movie again last night (only my second time...) and watched to see it for myself.

*BONK*

:facepalm

If I remember it should be towards the back...

Getting a dent in battle is one thing, getting it because you forgot to duck when the door was closing is an entirely different situation... :eek:

:lol:

Guri (could I USE more smilies?) :lol:

If I remember correctly, he gets it fightin Obi. He has it when he looses his pack and tries to grab his pistol.

I honestly don't know where in the movie and will definitely be checking for it when i see it again on Sat. However, the action figure is from the final battle on Geonosis and it is dented.

A Star Wars.Com Homing Beacon last week said officially that it is from when he hits his head on the Slave 1 door. ^_^; Well, guess Boba hasn't quite figured out the controls yet and closed it a bit early on Pop.

I agree with Blasttech. His jet pack slams against the "curb" thing, and slams his head into the "curb".

Opps, misread your question Guri. The dent is in the same spot as Boba's.

The dents are in the same place, but if you compare Boba's and Jango's, they are totally different kinds of dents. Boba's is circular and jagged, where Jango's is longer and smooth.

"So my theory is that Boba keeps the dent to honor his father. The ILM guys just screwed up and put the dent in the wrong spot "

maybe, but do you think he had only one helmet?..He was trained to me a Mandalorian..they have different sets of armor for different jobs..and to have just one helmet would be risky -Jango had two packs and the first one went boom and that one looked a lot like Boba's ROTJ pack..

I say he has two..and they both get dented up..

I just got the deluxe action figure and it has a dent, smaller than the Final Battle figure. They are all where Boba's dent is however.

There is a big chunk of time between AOTC and TESB. Boba probably either got a new helmet or hammered out the old dent. He picked up the new one along the way. The dent on Boba's helmet is obviously a blaster hit. Jango's is more a "I banged my head" kind of dent.

Actually, it is probably just an elaborate joke being put on by George Lucas to make us all go nuts trying to figure it out. He is probably reading this thread and laughing his butt off.

I think they are different helmets...In the Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire comic Boba gets the dent while fighting with Darth Vader. He shoots Vader and Vader deflects the shot right back at his helmet and it makes the dent..... plus just think... Boba's helmet is green and Jangos is silver. There is also another comic called Jango Fett: Open Seasons that is out and its about the Mandalorian army and some of the Mandalorians have green, some have silver.

The Purity Knight

I'm not so sure on the curb dent idea, if you watch the scene where he actually bashes his melon on the curb he hits it on the right side, in the pick way above this post, the dent is on the right.

Über Fett wrote:Bit off the subject of the helmet, but seems certain people have access to certain "pictures" and so forth. So, would anyone happen to have a picture of the blades that pop out of Jango's right gauntlet which he uses to stop himself from sliding off the edge on Kamino?

If anyone would post such a picture if one does exist, I would be greatful!

Thanks
jangospikes1.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality.

I meant left. Me fail english? That's unpossible.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back