Official Thread - Helmet

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
I'm working on converting a 1995 DP helmet to a Jango Fett helmet. I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations on making the two black pin stripe lines on Jango's helmet.

Mahalo, Gregg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to your local hobby shop that sells R/C cars and plane stuff, most well stocked shops will have pin stripe tape that comes in several different thickness's on the same roll that is all rolled up and packaged in a small clear tube. I have used this on my 1st Jango helmet and other projects and it works great! It'll cost $3-5.

has anyone tried the plastikote automotive paints ? I am going to use Chevrolet Blue and Pacific Blue for mine with dark accents added with airbrush flat black.

I can't wait to show you guys.

Thanks for the replies. Did a search, but nothing turned up. Anyway, I'll follow-up on the autostriping and R/C car shop suggestions.

Mahalo, Gregg.

A quick and cheaper way to do pinstriping.. (as I do when I airbrush cars and stuff) is get some masking tape.. and go around the helmet... and then mask off the area you don't want the paint to go.. and leave a area you wan the paint to obviously go.. and start painting.

Works well.. if you got a good eye and a steady hand.. Give it a try.

I had all but given upon my Jango costume. All of my armor was a bit off, and I am pretty broke. However, my wife bought me the Rubies helmet today, and voila, I'm re-inspired. The Rubies looks pretty good on me (I guess I have a small head). The only bad things I've noticed are -- there are no black pin stripes (how could they forget THAT), the licensing info is in raised print on the OUTSIDE of the helmet (on the lower back right of the helmet), and the tinted part does not go all the way down in the front (only about half way). So, it's still gonna take some work. But all in all, not a bad deal. I just hope I stick with it this time.

Won't the auto pin striping leave a seam? I'd rather use the tape type than paint it (I'm no artist), but I don't want to leave an obvious seam.

the stripe on the real jango helmet has a natural seam where it "runs into" the earpiece (the one with the rangefinder). So, yes- there will be a seam, but there is SUPPOSED to be one! Lucky for us, eh?

Duh. Maybe I should look before I post, huh? Thanks. Unfortunately, the Rubies earpiece doesn't go up high enough for that. The bottom stripe will hit the finder, but the top won't. But it'll still be hidden behind the rangefinder (until I lower it anyway). Yes, I know what everyone thinks of the Rubies here, but I'm telling you, it looks pretty dang good on me.

Go to yourlocal auto prts store.Look at auto pinstriping.
You should be able to find it in diff. Thickness.Find the one that best suits your needs.After you have it on,Hit it with A
clear coat.Bam your done.

I makeing my Jango helmet from a kit of a 95 Boba. How can i get the right ear peice to look right. It should fit into the lower ear part but that just wont work. What do i do to make that happen?

Eric

You'll have to cut off the pin that the post pivots on & glue the earcap in the lowered position. It should still work fine without the pin because there is an indent for the round part in the helmet & it shouldn't pull out. If you are worried about this you could reglue the pin or go from the inside of the helmet with a screw to the earcap.

HI guys new here but on the rpf for quite some time, Anyhoo I got a 97 DP in trade I wanted to refinish and trade/sell its not to my liking. I asked the previous owner what type of paint he used and he told me so I sprayed it and it looks good except the silver is smooth in some spos and "dusty" in others... Any reason for this? How long should I let it dry? I plan on rub n buffing it and applying the pinstripes etc... Now is there a way to add flare, and a visor to this helmet? It is already cut to add the visor so that is no problem, I wanted to see if there was something I could get at a local wal mart to use.. I have this helm, just bought a fiberglass fett, a 95 dp I wanna turn into boba, and a rubies deluxe which I may paint and mod after this one. Anyway thanks for any tips you could give me.... Chris

Testor's Metalizer Laquer in stainless steel...that's what I used and it came out pretty uniformly even and quite nice. Then I applied the R&B and it was like....WOW! :eek:
I got the Testor's paint at my local hobby shop. The R&B was from a Michaels' craft store.

You may want to throw in a small fan or two in there also.
You can get two small 12v fans and run them off of two 9v batteries attached to two mini-toggle swithes. I just hot glued all the hardware right up inside the helmet (a DP97
also).

If you need a visor I know a guy who sells them on ebay that
I got mine from. They are really nice and fit well with just a little cutting with a dremmel involved.

Hope this helps

Thanks anychance you could help me out geting the visor? Chris

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back