Official Thread - Helmet

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date

Jango_Fett_Jr wrote:

Very very nice.

So, did you just take an existing photo of Jango and stick it on top of your helmets and lower the transparency, and if so what photo did you use? I just got a little experiment I'd like to try.

Yep I sure did. If you want the pics I'll send them to you.

drvfett wrote:

Looks absolutely great, which bucket is that :confused
Cheers
ST

MSH ;)Movie Size Helmet

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty new to the Jango camp. Everything's been Boba for me up until now. But my Boba is pretty much done, so now I'm preparing to tackle a Jango MSH...

I just need an aluminum rangefinder stalk and an accurate resin Jango RF top. Thank god there are no lights in the Jango RF! :lol:

Any suggestions on where to go? Any special RF detailing that a Jango novice might want to know about?

Thanks...

Well, Mardon is doing an accurate Rangefinder and stalk for us on his MLC Jango helmet. However, I don't believe the rangefinder stalk is aluminum, he works with fiberglass. I don't know if he will sell just the rangefinder without the helmet but you could certainly ask him. I'm not sure what BKBT has available.

Yeah, I actually already have one of Mardon's hollow RF kits on order. I'll be putting Bobo's light kit into it for my Boba helmet.

But since Jango's RF doesn't need to be hollow, I was hoping someone might know where I could pick up an accurate solid resin one.

And yeah, I really want to find a tapered aluminum stalk to go with my MSH. (No point in going through all that trouble and expense for a MSH and then skimping out on a detail like the RF. :facepalm)

Brian,

You seek BKBT, he is where I got my taperd aluminum RF stalk for Mystery Jango helmet...

Lynn

Pinstripe width on Jango helmet?

I know nothing about pinstriping, but it doesn't sound that hard to do.

But I am guessing that they sell it in different widths, no? Various increments in millimeters?

If so, has anyone bothered to measure or guesstimate the width of the pinstripes on Jango's helmet? I can eyeball it, I suppose, but if anyone has actually tried to measure htem at AOSW or something, I'd be interested in hearing the results.

Thanks,

Squirk

I bought the 2 stripe pinstripe at Wal Mart and used the bigger stripe. Just trimmed it with an exacto knife.

Wes

I made mine just under 1/8". 1/8" seemed just slightly too thick.
It was like 3/32".

Of course,I work at a sign shop and have the capability to
cut my own pinstripes at whatever thickness I want.

DSD_helmet_w1.jpg

darksidedesign

I recently purchased a titanium drill bit and hobby files for cutting out the keyholes on the back of my Jango helmet.

It's always been my understanding that Boba's cutouts were covered with a circuitboard painted orange, and that Jango's were covered with speaker grille. But I've also heard some folk claim that nothing covered the keyholes (i.e., that the neck seal made the interior so dark that it just looked like there was something black covering the holes).

Which is true? If there really is speaker grille in there, do you just walk into an audio store and ask for it? Or do you find an old/broken speaker and just rip it off?

Frankly I don't think it matters. Just cut them out, put an ordinary screen there, and you'll be fine.

I am also doing the screen thing and I cut out the vertical ear piece opposite the range finder side for ventilation.

I used screen on mine also. I cut 2 sections the same size and rotated them to make it hard for you to see in.

I made a neckseal for my helmet from vinyl and i was wondering if anyone else used vinyl for theirs and how you attached it. I tried hot glue, but the neckseal peeled straight off the glue. So how have you all attached it?

Thanks

My neckseal used velcro. So, one part was sewn on to the neckseal and the other was just peal and stick on the helmet. I made sure that I cleaned the helment 1st.

I used a little epoxy on each end of the velcro to keep it from peeling off.

I haven't really noticed any good close-ups of Jango's rangefinder. Does he have LED's like Boba? I'm working on my bucket right now, it's a Rubies Deluxe, I decided to trick it out a bit and was considering putting in LED's if Jango had some in his rangefinder.

"Zam, there can be no mistakes this time"

Well, I was all prepared to post "no he doesn't" then decided to take a quick peek through my reference pics. Sure enough, they are there.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back