Jango Uh-Oh

AK Edge

Hunter
SO! Re-painting my BKBT bucket...used some paint stripper my dad's been raving about...leave it on for 20mins, it changes colors, you take it off. Cool, the container doesn't say don't use on fiberglass, says it's safe for wood, textured walls, metal, etc. I proceed to apply and wait. Come back and in places where it ran down, it ate away the fiberglass. Fun. So pretty much all of the edges of my bucket...along the visor lip, around the ear-pieces are all spalled down. I want to fill these in and sand it back down...and I'm too new to know what to fill it with....any tips?

Bondo auto filler. Get to know this material, it will be a love-hate relationship, but the good thing is that it's faithful and wont cheat on you with the other materials in your garage.

Post us a picture. I'd use a little bit of bondo at a time, if you're unexperienced with bodywork on parts, let me know and I may be able to help out.

Not sure bondo will work with this...I'll try on a bit to be sure, but the spots are so small, I don't know that it will set right. I'm at work right now, but I'll post pictures tonight when I get home.

Some of the hole are the size of the pointy end of a needle. Some are the size of the eye of the needle...I asked around and got pointed at some other kind of bondo-esque product made for smaller holes. Comes in some little red tube, and comes with a soft plastic spatula thing for application. I guess it's made for smaller holes. I have yet to try it, since without a name it's hard to ask for it =p.

Small pin holes can be filled either by using a gap filling cyanoacrylate adhesive (Krazy Glue) or the thin stuff that has the consistency of water mixed with a bit of flour. Zap it with the accelerator & instant fix! Modellers use this on resin kits all of the time.

I went and bought some special bondo made for small holes and it works really good. Thanks for the tips =) I'll try not to kill your buckets anymore BKBT =)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back