BRAND NEW BOBAMAKER ARMOR

ok, alright...gotta get the attatchments on before i do that so i dont screw up the paint i shouldve already put on it....:lol: you....:lol:

i know, but then i mess that up...:lol: just want to have all that hardware done before i get after the paint job....:D you got epoxy, and bolts flying everywhere, and drilling....you havent seen me in the shop, guys...its crazy!!! not to mention the f bombs being dropped regularly...:lol:

Epoxy and bolts?? Craziness!!

Snaps and CA glue, my friend. :)

-Chris

p.s. not to denegrate any of our good friends who have used bolts amd epoxy..... (y)

i know, but then i mess that up...:lol: just want to have all that hardware done before i get after the paint job....:D you got epoxy, and bolts flying everywhere, and drilling....you havent seen me in the shop, guys...its crazy!!! not to mention the f bombs being dropped regularly...:lol:

welcome to the family??? welcome to the family??? :lol: hey combat, i have been here since march, brother!!! where have you been? just messin around....better late welcomes than no welcomes...:)

here's what i have got painted on the armor so far...the cod and butt are also painted the green, but havent misted them yet, will post those later...really difficult to keep the black in one area with a rattlecan, wish i had an airbrush, but this will do i think...give me your input guys!! now, this is just the black, i have to get some lighter color in those areas to really grime them up...any hints on what that color might be would be appreciated, for rattlecan...(y)

100_2086.JPG

100_2087.JPG

100_2088.JPG

Hey D, looking good now we have some colour going on!
If you are referring to the armour's highlights? what I used was some small mists with the panzer olive and accent that with some earth tones (brown) then I would have applied the black/grey.
It's always hard with a rattle can... Altho saying that, there are some great suits on here that have used those? ;)

so you wouldve gone with the lighter color first? then the black? i see...i think i can still make it work...in your pics it looks greyish to me...maybe just the flash...:facepalm but once i get those lighter color accents on, and the silver and yellow for the damage, it'll be good....i hope...:eek:

Yeah the flash can change certain colours.. around the dents and some edges I used a grimy grey colour.
For the final weathering after additional tones etc.. I used the black. :D

oh ya, brother, totally am...so it is a greyish color then...inside the the black areas...awesome, and ya know, if you look at my pics, it looks gray as well in some spots, and no gray has been used....totally flash effect...look at the lower corner of the left chest piece (when put on), it has a gray color to it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... (this is harder over the tinternet) add the additional green that I used to lighten and highlight certain areas according to ref.
Then add the grime, earth and grey tones over that to blend those previous areas... :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys!! this is fun...i like painting the armor...not as, what would you say, time consuming as the lid!! if you can survive the lid, everything else seems easy...:)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back