BRAND NEW BOBAMAKER ARMOR

That armor is totally awesome. I'm jealous. Heh, with any luck, I'll buy myself some bobamaker armor next year, if I'm not still tired and poor by then.

ok, been awhile since i posted any progress on my armor, so i thought i would share what has been going on! i have been studying Mojo's FP paintup thread, and his right shoulder paint job is phenomenall!! i really cant replicate that damage he has done, since i dont have an airbrush, so i tried to use the rattlecan to get that effect, and that didnt work very well, so, i was putting in an extra dent up near the main dent using a lighter to heat up the fiberglass, and then press where i wanted the indention to go...now, i have BM armor, and this shoulder didnt come with the large dent in it, mainly cause i think that it was made ROTJ, but that is ok! :) i took a dremmel and carved out a dent on my own, i think it is ok...:rolleyes anyway, i noticed i could scortch the paint using the lighter, and tried around the edges of some of the dents, and wow, it worked really nicely i think...(y) so here are some pics of my version of the famed ESB right shoulder dent, and others, so let me know what you guys think...:) i still have some detailing to do, but i wanted to wait on your opinions before i continued on...(y)

100_2270.JPG

100_2272.JPG

I think it looks great, but if you want more fading around the burnt edges, and if you dont have an airbrush, you can grind down some charcoal powder, and just either use your fingers or a brush and add the powder on to the edges until you get a desired fade. After that, seal it up with dullcoat, and you are good to go. But the color, dent, etc, all look great!

thanks fellas! i appreciate the feeback and suggestions...i have to detail it a little more around the edges to get a more blending effect, just have to go to the hobby store to get the right color....i have the zinc chromate, but it is just too yellow for this, so i need a more orangish color to do the blending...thanks again! we are getting there! :eek:

thanks, Gav, appreciate ya brother! now, here are some more pics of the right shoulder with more of the detail added...i used some charcoal as suggested earlier, and man, i love this stuff!! not the same effect of an airbrush, but what an alternative to be able to confine the scortch marks! let me know what you guys think...:)

100_2333.JPG

100_2334.JPG

100_2335.JPG

Great job! It looks awesome. maybe a little more of the charcoal flashes? Can we see a pic of the entire shoulder piece, so we can soak it all in? I love using my dremmel tools...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back