METALLICA IS BACK!!!

cojake

Hunter
The new Metallica CD just showed up in my mailbox. I bought tix to the upcoming tour last week on a promo pre-sale. Each ticket included a copy of the new album.

1st, this thing rocks! No more wussy stuff, No more of Lars banging on a cowbell. The snare is back, Kirks solos are back! (y)

Thank you Rick Ruben for giving my favorite band a much needed shot in the arm. This sounds like it was influenced from Kill Em All through And Justice For All. There is just enough new sound to keep it fresh, nut sounds much more like old Metallica.(y)

Couldn't agree more! The album kicks some major butt indeed. I've listened to "All Nightmare Long" and "Suicide and Redemption" so many times I'm surprised they still play. 8)

If they can keep this up, I'll be very happy. \m/

Yup, I've been listening to it since it leaked. I can't wait to buy the physical CD tomorrow. For those interested, they are streaming the entire album at Metallica.com.

1st, this thing rocks! No more wussy stuff, No more of Lars banging on a cowbell.

you gotta love that cowbell!!!:D:D:D:D

cowbell.jpg

I must admit: The St. Anger Album was truly! I love to hear that they turned over to the old style!
I´ll hopefully get the Ltd. Edition "Death Magnetic" in a coffin tomorrow!

With Making Of DVD and many things more. Did cost me around 100 Euros but I hope it´s worth it. ;-)

I´ll post pictures tomorrow if it arrives.

Cheers,
Manuel

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't come out on cd until tomorrow. Mine just happen to show up in the mail a day early.(y)

Yeah, I just went down to my local CD shop & they are releasing it at midnight...so I dunno if I'm gonna stay in town to wait & get it tonite or not. They did have it playing in the background when i was in there though!!! Sounded friggin awesome from what I heard of it!!!!
D

i'm skeptical. i don't trust it... and i'm not keen on the first single i heard. can't be worse than the last 3-4 albums though.

*sniff*

back when master of puppets was the new album... things were DIFFERENT! yeah, i was in 6th grade when i got it, but still! ;)

i'm skeptical. i don't trust it... and i'm not keen on the first single i heard. can't be worse than the last 3-4 albums though.

*sniff*

back when master of puppets was the new album... things were DIFFERENT! yeah, i was in 6th grade when i got it, but still! ;)

Um...
I'm old
Master came out in High school
and yes, it doth rock

From what I just heard streamed from the site, it is better than the last few albums (Everything since the black album). But...from what I heard, Metallica still ended for me at Justice. IMHO, it can't compete with bands like Trivium or even the last few offerings (after Risk) from Megadeth. Seeing this thread, part of me was excited, after hearing it, not so much.

Thank you Rick Ruben for giving my favorite band a much needed shot in the arm. This sounds like it was influenced from Kill Em All through And Justice For All.

They just got better and better for every album, and for the pinnacle was Puppets and Justice. When I first heard Enter Sandman I thought "What the Hell..??" Black album ruined Metallica IMO, and I eventually just stopped buying their records. What you are writing here SOUNDS good though, and the security guy at my job has been all crazed about this record as well... so maybe this is one I should check out. I for one would be very happy if they rediscovered their roots again. :cheers

I just listened to the album on their website ...

I am a bit confused, they told to go back to the roots of metallica, but IMHO they just changed the cowbell with the snare but the sound for itself is not this much better than "ST. Anger" as I hoped it would be ... ****...

Maybe I have to listen to it several times to get it, but I doubt ...

It just can´t reach the "Justice" or "Master" album.... sorry

I don´t like those "trashy" inputs on the new songs....

You are right, you will not hear no life till leather. It is 2008 not 1983. I had to listen to this new disc about two full time to appreciate it completly. It is however the best thing since Justice. I can almost gaurentee that Broken, Beat & Scarred played live will absolutely kill!

In a nut shell, is it perfect? No. Is it heavy? Yes I'd give it about 4 out of 5 stars. I would rate ST. Anger 0 out 5 stars.

Give it a listen, and then listen to it again.

I'm sory boys but how can you respect a band that sued napster for sharing their music when they are multi millionares. I lost all respect for these guys and will never give another penny of mine toward these greedy fools!!!!!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back