Vader's Apprentice

Dark Jedi

Active Hunter
Hey all,

So unless you have been in a coma the last month I'm sure you are aware of the new game coming out on tuesday called "The Force Unleashed". After playing the demo I can say this game is going to be sweet.

Yesterday I started looking into making the Starkiller costume, origionally for the premier but due to school work it looks more like it will have to suffice for Halloween. Anyway here is what I am going off of:

SecretApprentice_tfu.jpg

And here is where I got with about $20 at wal-mart, which I didn't think was too bad for proof of concept.

DSCN4412.jpg

Showoff2.jpg

I plan on rading good will and the salvation army for belts today or tomorrow, and I am still working on the templates for the shoulder armor which I plan on making out of sintra and bondo.

the wrappings you see here I cut from som cheap fabric. If anybody has a better idea how to do the wrappings please let me know.

Freaking awesome man! For only $20 deep you are almost done! I'd (and everyone else I'm sure) love to see some progress pics of the shoulder armor you are making!(y)

Saint_Nasty is also making a SA costume for his friend. Maybe you and he could trade ideas?

yes ... show us the shaved head! LOL

That is the LAST thing I am going to do, because if I don't finish the costume to a presentable level by sunday I really don't care to be walking around with a buzz cut for no reason.

Ironically, this is the shortest my hair has been in the past 5 years since I am looking for a job right now, and I already feel it is too short. So if I cut it I am making sure I have a good reason.

Any tips about the wraps yet? That is my major hold up at the moment.

there are several of us working together to make this costume for a friend of mine, http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27591

all the observations we've made looking at promo shots as well as the character in the game have been posted in that thread. take it in, enjoy it, i hope it helps you.

what we're going to do for wraps is probably going to go to walmart and get a few yards of 60" muslin and just start slashing it up into ribbons and wrap, wrap, wrap.

there are several of us working together to make this costume for a friend of mine, http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27591

all the observations we've made looking at promo shots as well as the character in the game have been posted in that thread. take it in, enjoy it, i hope it helps you.

what we're going to do for wraps is probably going to go to walmart and get a few yards of 60" muslin and just start slashing it up into ribbons and wrap, wrap, wrap.

I was going to make my armor out of Sintra, but after I saw your armor I decided to put away my hatred of fiberglass and try it your way. After making a manaquin of ductape I took some paper and poster board and made a template. the collar is glued on the poster board, and I plan on glassing it later tonight after I go belt hunting.

DSCN4427.jpg

DSCN4429.jpg

DSCN4430.jpg

DSCN4431-1.jpg

Wish me luck!

Looking good! Are you going to get a droid restraining bolt?

I like your R2 trash receptacle:)

The plan is to make a restraining bolt ( I still don't get why he is wearing one) out of bottle cap and a PVC coupler. I used a similar teqniue to make one of the vents on my old proton pack.

And if your wondering R2 is made form a domed trash can found at walmart and the legs are foam and paper mache. the panel detail is done using pin stripes. If anyone wants to see more pics of that project let me know.

So last night I started to get busy on the armor and probably killed a few brain cells in the proccess. I fiberglassed over the poster borad with a $10 container of resin and 1.5 packs of fiberglass cloth, so this little piece has 12 sq ft of glass cloth on it. Today I trimmed it, bondoed it, glazed it and painted it. Here are some of the high lights:

DSCN4448.jpg

DSCN4446.jpg

DSCN4450.jpg

DSCN4455.jpg

DSCN4457.jpg

DSCN4453.jpg

DSCN4459.jpg

DSCN4460.jpg

DSCN4464.jpg

DSCN4465.jpg

DSCN4467.jpg

Tonight after I shower and eat I plan on finishing the restraining bolt (anyone else see the irony of a restraining bolt on the main character in The Force Unleashed?) and adding some grime with back spray paint and charchol. Tomorrow Ill add the straps and then if everything looks good I'll see about getting the haircut.:rolleyes

looks good dude! did you mirror the template patterns or make seperate temps?

looks good dude! did you mirror the template patterns or make seperate temps?

I made one template for one shoulder and mirrored it, althought the collar I had to have fun matching since I glued it on before I traced the other half.

Ill be trying to put straps on in a little bit, so expect a "finished" product this evening.

"Finished"? Just in time for the Midnight Madness launch of the game tonight! Be sure to take pics!

And yes, the restraining bolt seems useless, but maybe we'll figure out why once we get our hands on the game.

Almost there!

Yesterday I added the straps to the shoulder armor and I think it came out really well. Earlier in the week I cleaned Goodwill out of belts, and I found some dark brown fabic I had lying around I got on ebay for cheep when I was planning on making a better ep 3 anakin. Pretty much all I have left for tonight is to get a hair cut and wrap my boots (I did wrap them last night as a test, but I didn't get a picture since I had to take all the belts off so I could bend down. So here is a little preview of tonight:

DSCN4473.jpg

DSCN4474.jpg

DSCN4475.jpg

DSCN4476.jpg

For Halloween I will try to get some better belts and make the red gauntlet thing for my right arm.

Wow! That's awesome. Very nice work! Got it done pretty quick too.

I wonder if that is 501st acceptable??? Seriously, will SA costumes be a new addition to the 501st?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back