Remembrance

Replicant Shadow

Active Hunter
I can't help but to take a moment and reflect on this day.

It's been 7 years, and we all have or own views on what this day means, what it represents. Regardless of the speculative causes behind this tragic day, let's all take a simple moment to honor all those souls that were lost, so prematurely, and so very tragically. People from all walks of life, countries, creeds, beliefs and religions. Fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters; represantives of not just the American way, but simply people who worked hard to provide for the ones that they loved and cared for.

Let's also remember the men and women who fight today around the world, regardless of what you may believe in, and support them unconditionally.

May your God not only Bless America, but our World in which all good folks share in the common belief of Freedom.

May the Force Be With Us, Always.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when this happened.... I was 11 years old... It never fully hit me... until they repeated it for the third time.

Seven years...... and the man responsible for this disaster still walks freely....

I Honor the memories of the fallen everyday. I curse the names of those responsible.

Once divided, Always united.....

It's a shame that it took something of this magnatude to bring everyone together....

I'm proud to live in this country

Thanks for a great reminder CV. I am very thankful for the safety my family and I have experienced, and I pray that a tragedy like the one on September 11, 2001 will never happen again in the USA or anywhere else in the world.

I would also like to salute all of the service men and women who have stepped up and answered the call to protect our great nation. God bless and keep each of you safe. Jason

Heartfelt thanks to the troops and the President for 7 years without another domestic terror attack.

God bless America on this day of rememberance.

+1 on all of your comments! I just bought a bracket, flag pole and American Flag for our new house and am going to put it up as soon as I get home from work!

We've been talking about this all day on the FL501st boards. It's good to see some Patriots!!!

I will never forget watching it all go down before work. Then right after the buildings fell, and my brother called me saying that we may be called back to active duty...and we hadn't spoken in a couple years. I also remember how a woman was looking for her loved one so frantically. I'll always remember her name, and I always go to her website each 9/11 and wish her family well although I don't even know them.

These are memories that I will never forget, and as people around the world we should never forget such a dark day. For we are all victims on days like this, and to forget those who didn't survive it is to truly commit a dishonor.

To all the members here...

As an active duty soldier who has deployed to combat three times since that day, I want everyone to know that all military members appreciate the thoughts and for all to know that myself and my soldiers still have the resolve to see this through so we can all have the freedom to choose.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly. It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated"-Thomas Payne

Freedom isn't free!

1SG Chris Flock (RangerChet)
HHC, 4-23 IN, 5th Stryker Brigade

Well, as another active duty military guy, I can't help but think about that day.
I was on Temporary Duty at the time, flying back to Germany from a 4 week trip to Nellis AFB, Nevada. We were in the air over the Atlantic at the time of the attacks and they didn't make any announcements or anything till we landed in Germany.
Everyone was just stunned. It was a day I will never forget.

I have never forgotten about the horrors of 9/11. The innocent lives that were lost. It doesnt matter, who did it or how it happened, just that, it happened, and there was really nothing we could have done to prevent it. I remember the day, coming home from school watching the live news feed, seeing people jump out of the buildings, and finally the towers collapsing. That truly changed my life from there and made me not take life for granted. That made me angry, at that young of an age, that someone, would so ruthlessly take away the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of people like savages.

I think 9/11 has brought us closer as humans and opened our minds alot. God bless all the families with loved ones forever lost from that tragedy.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back