I need a good lawyer in San Antonio, anybody know one?

99centTaco

Active Hunter
Ok heres my beef! about 65 days ago a order came in for a ROTJ belt overseas. Was sent out. Buyer got the belt and requested funds back from paypal. I had no tracking proof from USPS to show for it so the buyer got his belt and funds back. Paypal then locks my account for 60 days. Why...never gave me a good reason. They said the account will open back up in 60 days. Well 60 days past this past Saturday. Well its still locked. And theres $1343.62 missing!!! Or I should say a payment to paypal. So I call them, they said that was a processing fee for reopening my account, but its still locked!!! They then proceed to tell me that my accunt needs to stay locked for another 180 days because they feel that my account is a risk. So I got really pissed off over the phone. So now I am seeking a lawyer to get my money back that they won't release to me. And the stupid processing fee back. And to the POS that caused all this....Thanks alot!!!!

I have gotten screwed by the paypal system as well. (overseas fraud) Not nearly as bad as you are getting it. :facepalm To me, they are a necessary evil. I only wish we all could vouch for you. I don't know any lawers, but if you need a reference, I am here for you bro. Jason

pay pal is a pain... set up an account years ago and now i can't use it because its not tied to a bank account.. won't let me pay for anything even though there are fund in it to cover the transaction.. =o\

I keep reading over the net that if I want to sue them I have to do in California. This is really ticking me off because there is nearly 4 months of payments/income in there. Which adds up to over $3000. not to mention the $1343 they already took out.

Wish I could help but I only know of a good divorce lawyer up there. Blows my mind that they took that much only out of the account.

Taco, just reading that really ticked me off. I would have been down someones throat over the phone to. Did you talk to a couple people at paypal or just one? Or is there procedure just that screwed up. I wish I knew more so I could help. It really is a shame to see that money you worked your tail off for is being withheld. Just to typical of people now a days.

Taco...I can't believe that they can do that!!!!????? I sent you money over PP is it Ok? I hope it works out for you and SUE those guys! I had to edit this post for language...this stuff really gets to me, why do people always have to screw one another over..?? I wish you the best of luck and hope it all gets taken care of.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, anyone who has sent me a payment since June 1st is withheld. I'm almost tempted to tell everyone here to do a chargeback and get their money back and send it to me another in another form. That way they can't keep it. It would have to be returned to the buyers. But I don't know what to do.

I'm really sorry to hear this bruv...!
I assume you know the 'Fett' (well I call him a Fett more like a ....) that has caused this mess? call him out! :angry
Good luck getting your moneuy back bud.

Man, Taco, that is just awful. I really hope that everything will work out to your favor in the end, and until then, good luck. :wacko

Taco...let me check around...I have several friends up there

EDIT

Talked to some people...Fulbright and Jaworski...best in San Antonio

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey taco let me know if you do want us to do a chargeback. I would hate to think that we sent you the money and them you sent us the product and then you don't get the money and ended up screwed. Alos I agree with Mojo, call the guy out. That way others can know to NEVER sell to him so others don't have to go through this. Hope it all works out for you!

LMK if Fulbright and Jaworski don't work out. I've got two good friends here in Austin that are lawyers. They might know another good firm in SA, and if they don't, I have a few connections with the TX Bar Assoc.

-Ryan

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back