jet pack help again..

frankentrooper

New Hunter
jetpack help again..

so i downloaded the wol temps and got all my materials to build. i cut the top, bottom and back out. my problem is now the top and bottom dont align when i try to put the cylinder in the middle. i cut them perfectly! are they not supposed to align? thanks.

From the way you described it, yes. Are the half circles central? Do they line through when put together?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I am sure they should. Have you a photo of what you have, it will help find the problem.

The bottom of your central cylinder will have to be cut on a slight angle, as the bottom of the pack is not flat, but slightly angled up. I've made a small scale cardboard mock-up to see how the all fit together. I'll post a picture tomorrow if you're really interested in seeing, but the AoSW and MoM exhibit pics are the best reference to see this. Hope this helps at all.

Shinobi_Fett has it right on the money... the reason your top and bottom decks don't line up with your central cylinder is because your bottom deck needs to be angled. It's one of the fiddly bits that took me a bit to work around when I made my pack.

What I did was used some scrap cardboard to make a template, one that I could slightly alter by removing a bit of material at a time until I had the correct angle. I then used this template to mark off on my central cylinder where to cut.

I'll try to remember to measure the angle of my bottom deck tonight, and post it up for you. Should take some of the guess work out for you. ;)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back