Shin Tool Placement

TK876

Jr Hunter
Hey guys!

I bet this question has been asked a thousand times: What is the proper placement of the shin tools in a ROTJ and ROTJ SE Fett??

I can´t seem to find anything about it..

this is how I have mine. I'm pretty sure they are placed correct. thats the default date stamp. it was taken a few weeks ago
shintools.jpg

Hey guys!

I bet this question has been asked a thousand times: What is the proper placement of the shin tools in a ROTJ and ROTJ SE Fett??

I can´t seem to find anything about it..

There is no definitive answer. If you go through RotJ shots you will see the shin tools magically move from shot to shot. However, there are two main setups for RotJ, although they aren't exclusive.

Most often seen in Jabba's Palace:
right leg outer - jet pack adjustment tool
right leg inner - sonic beam weapon

left leg outer - survival knife
left leg inner - anti-security blade

Most often seen on Skiff:
right leg inner - anti-security blade

left leg inner - sonic beam weapon

For SE there is all kinds of idiocy (which pretty much sums up my opinion of the SE shots all together)

-no shin tools at all.

- the rotj skiff setup:

left leg inner - sonic beam weapon

-TWO anti-security blade setup:

left leg inner - anti-security blade

Check out the Fett reference CD, 07-ESB, Still 01, 02, 03 and 04.

Right leg, outside pocket-Survival knife
Right leg, inside pocket-Sonic beam weapon (notch direction changes from pic to pic)
Left leg, inside pocket-Anti-security blade (two tubes facing up and to the inside
Left leg, outside pocket-Rocketpack adjustment tool

Further review of pics from the carbonite chamber show the knife and jet pack adjustment tool are reversed.

What about ESB, Art? I currently don't know and shove them into any pocket they fit into, haha

Me too!!! I've seen original ESB pics which show them in all different configurations!!! I guess most often though, I do paterson stir stick on far right, paterson squeege on inner right, and anti security blade on inner left. I don't even bother with the Jp adjust tool since I have never seen a pic which proves Fett had that in ESB. It definately looks like there is something round in the outer left, but no difinitive pics that prove what it is. What I do swich around often though, is the way the paterson squeege is facing. most ESB pics show it in the inner right pocket, but it is facing different all the time. Really, as long as you have them in there, I don't think it matters. Its all good!!!:D
D

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back