jet pack help!!

frankentrooper

New Hunter
jetpack help!!

i saw the templates for the wol jet pack, and i just dont understand alot of it. does anyone have a piece by piece template set? some of the template pieces just dont make sense to me. im sure that they are amazing being that i've seen the results, but this seems too complicated for a first timer. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Hi buddy. What are you having trouble with and what material are you working with?

A simple bit of advice would be to look at some reference photos and sort out which patterns you can identify and what you can't.

The pack is mage from a Back section, a base and a top 'shelt' where the missile sits. Then there is a central cylinder and two fuel tanks with some flat bits around them. It is quite simple.

Does that help, have you tried looking at the build threads?

Last edited by a moderator:
i was going to use .40 sintra. the problem i'm having is that all the ribbed parts on the front look like its one piece on the temps. i cant seem to figure out how they separate to make the two solid parts.

Ok, not sure exactly which temps you have, you could maybe do with the 16.5" ones, as I understand these are the most accurate.

I know which part you are describing. Between the center cylinder and the fuel tank you should have a template which is simply a flat piece onto which go two raised sections, this is mirrored on the opposite side. Are you sure you can't see them? One is about 10mm high and the other about 25mm high. They are as separate items with the WoF templates, are all the pages there?

Where did you download them from, have you a link?

what did you use for the missle, and the caps for the rocket tops and bottoms. oh, and how did you make the thrusters?

I simply used white glue ( carpenters glue will work as well ) as the entire pack was made from hardboard and cardboard. Just make sure that you seal the entire pack prior to priming and painting. ;)

Yep... I sure did. ;)

Every single part of that jet pack was scratch built using WoF templates. I'm still waiting on my resin stabilizer and beacon.

Congrats with the pack J72, seeing that got me off my *** and building mine. Thumbs up! I really enjoyed putting it all together.

check this out i will post more pics and i used alot of what jango72 did. man this is so fun to do i might make another just to do it. check out mine. i am not done yet. SHOWOFF: jet pack or rocket pack ***updated 12/03/08*** under propbuilding.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back