Australian Mandalorain

1ManBattalion

Jr Hunter
Hi Everybody,

I just thought that I'll show you guys what I've been up to as of late. This helmet was contructed using Skupilkinson's Template. These photos will show that a lot of work will still needs to be done, but should give you an idea of where I'm up to. I've got some of Stormrider's Earpieces, unfortunately as beautiful as they are they did not fit my current helmet. (We working on a way around that:))

I intend to complete a set of armour to go along with this Helmet. I've already got a black/Midnightblue flight suit and I'm playing around with the chest armour ideas and experiments.:)

Not much progress this past week as it's been raining alot and work related issues.

Any constructive ideas, suggestion and comments are always welcome. I would like to try for an Oriental look on this armour and helm. I'll get some more photos soon.

WIP all 3.jpg

Sorry I can't give you any constructive criticism at this point, but that helmet is really shaping up well. Keep up the good work.

It's looking great so far. Once you have it completely covered and smoothed, then we can give you some pointers. Not really much anyone can say at this point in time.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I'll most likely get a chance to do some more work on this during this weekend. i'll post some more photos then.

I've just received my Chicago screws, I'd think I've ordered the wrong size so I have used some craft foam to fill the space. Is this a acceptable alternative to using washers?

T-Visor 01.jpg

Thanks NovallTalon: The Work foam seems to work for now, but unitl I install it in the helmet I won't know for sure.

Skip: I'm still trying to make it even smoother!! But your Helmet still looks better! :)

I'm looking forward to working on this on friday!:D

A bit of a update,

I was able to obtain permission from Hydra to use one of her designs. Cene is his name. Thanks to her, the time that I would have spent on design can be use to construct my suit. I'll be trying to stick to Hydra's concept as much as possible, and I just love the colours she's used.

Cene will fit nicely with my martial arts background :D. I'll be attempting to create the spear blade with a cold cast techique I've come up with. I just love blade weapons! Apart from blade weapons that he will possess, he will have atleast one pistol with him regardless. No point in bring a Knife to a Gun fight :D

But all this will take place after the helmet is completed. I'll post Photos of the Helmet progress tomorrow.

Cene_02a.jpg

Great news dude!! I love her designs and can't wait to see yet another Hydra design come to life!!

Rock on!

Skip,

Her art work is astonishing and I'll be doing my best to reproduce that with what skill I have:)

Did you measure that bad boy to make your earcaps fit ?

Mason,

No I didn't I started this helmet before your ear caps arrived :(. But it looks like I'll use your helmet to make Hydra's work come to life! :D

Well Guys,

I've got some sanding done today, I don't get much time to do it. I live in a unit and do sanding on my balcony because there is no power point in my garage:facepalm. i can only make so much noise for a small peroid of time, before others start to get annoyed. I was sanding for about an hour today...then it started raining :(, well an hour's work is better than nothing I suppose.

I'm gonna try to make the shoulders in Metasequoia tonight and transfering them into Pepakura, fingers crossed! ;)

Stormrider's helm came in today, so I'll more than likely use that for Cene. And I might have to bother Skip with more pep designs later if I can't do it!. Sorry mate I know your a busy man:D

I've attached a couple of photos, 1st is Stormrider's awesome stuff and second is current helmet progress.

Stormridergear01.jpg

WIP 04.jpg

Both look pretty sweet to me fella. ;)

Yeah I'm busy but I'm always open to do some work for ya if you need it bro. Actually I need to speak with you about this rifle I'm doing. ;) Email to be sent.

My time gets limited for working on mine to buddy, I know what you mean about an hour is better than nothing.

I've just complete modelling Cene's Armour in Metasequoia, I'll makes some more tweeks before tranfering it over to Pepakura. I was going to Fibreglass these but decided I might stick to the Casting Resin Method, I just love the instant results :D. I'm hoping that my flak vest will be completed in afew weeks, by then the Armour parts should be finished.

The soft parts of the project might slow down a bit. Someone else brought a set of Grey coveralls I wanted on Ebay! :angry These things are hard to find especially in a size I want! (44R)

By the way anyone know where or who I can get some Stormtrooper hand plates from? They looks like just what I need for this project.

Comparison01.jpg

Cene hand Plate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job bro!

I would be careful in making any armor parts too flat or boxy. Just incase it makes wearing the armor too uncomfortable. Don't be afraid to try to give it a little roundness. ;)

That said, I think you're off to a great start!! ;) Keep it up buddy.

As for TK handplates, I've seen a few sellers on Ebay.

I was looking at that...boxy it is, so I've now added some roundness to it. Now let's see how it fits! :D

It is a learning experience, a interesting one at that!

I might have solve the handplate, several members have contact me with great info and gear. Thanks Guys!

Nice job bro!

I would be careful in making any armor parts too flat or boxy. Just incase it makes wearing the armor too uncomfortable. Don't be afraid to try to give it a little roundness. ;)

That said, I think you're off to a great start!! ;) Keep it up buddy.

As for TK handplates, I've seen a few sellers on Ebay.

Are you sure on the upper set of plates. The center isnt supposed to be beveled out like you did the center, essentially making a t shape (cross) out of the beveled parts?

It looks like the beveling is supposed to follow the paint job.

Regardless, looks sweet:)

I've just complete modelling Cene's Armour in Metasequoia, I'll makes some more tweeks before tranfering it over to Pepakura. I was going to Fibreglass these but decided I might stick to the Casting Resin Method, I just love the instant results :D. I'm hoping that my flak vest will be completed in afew weeks, by then the Armour parts should be finished.

The soft parts of the project might slow down a bit. Someone else brought a set of Grey coveralls I wanted on Ebay! :angry These things are hard to find especially in a size I want! (44R)

By the way anyone know where or who I can get some Stormtrooper hand plates from? They looks like just what I need for this project.

And you can make the TK handplates really easily out of sintra. Just cut the shape, then cut the overlay shape and glue them together.

And a trick I use when I want something SUPER SMOOTH ROUNDED is once I have the shape, I pour resin over it. It will soften the shapes a LOT and make them really smooth to oot. You just then cut out the puddle parts at the bottom and sand the edges, and whoala, you have something that looks vac formed/smoothed out, but its really just a coat of glassy resin over it.

It make a NICE shiny surface too.

M2

Are you sure on the upper set of plates. The center isnt supposed to be beveled out like you did the center, essentially making a t shape (cross) out of the beveled parts?

It looks like the beveling is supposed to follow the paint job.

Regardless, looks sweet

Hey Mason,

Thanks for the input! I'm changing the chest pieces now, they'll be simular to the normal templates. But the edges will fold up to provide a rim like edge to hold the Casting resin in place. Once cured I can heat it up and bend it into shape.

Cool stuff! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Pretty nice scratchbuild! Seems to be coming out quite well!

Thanks Guys,

Frankly I'm not sure how this is going to turn out, but I'll give it my best:)

I had to do a lot of washing today, so I only had time to spray afew coats on the Helmet, and I've made a shoulder piece. I'm not too happy with it, it looks a bit sharp:facepalm. I'm re-doing the chest at the moment, I'll post some pics when it's finished.

Keep up the comments guys, as it helps me improve the armour! :D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back