Custom Mando at Clone Wars film

Southern hunter

Active Hunter
OK, I wasn't sure if this should go in Sarlacc Pitt or Custom Mandos, so Mods move if needed. :)

I asked for input a few weeks ago as to whether or not to go to the Clone Wars opening weekend with my 6yr old daughter in my partially completed Boba Fett costume. Jumpsuit is wrong color, no gauntlets, knee armor, wrong gloves, boots etc.

However, thanks in part to the encouragement of Fett heads here, we went. SO GLAD WE DID! :D

Special thanks to HONUS for the armor, flak vest, belts, jet pack (it had to stay home):cry

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions over the past two years and helping a newbie out. :cheers

Enough blabbering, here's the pix. Don't be too hard on critiquing my costume. BTW, I cut my daughter's body armor out and shaped it.

SHE sanded it herself and painted it. (y) I just sprayed the primer on.

I hope y'all enjoy the pix.(y)

Clone-Wars-1-Web-OK.jpg

Plotting-destruction-web.jpg

helmet detail 1.jpg

Costume-8_17_08.jpg

Hey Southern Hunter! My friends are always telling me that I need to have a boy. I tell them that it wouldn't make a difference! Thanks for proving my point :) You guys look great! And I bet that your daughter has a smile from ear to ear underneath her helmet! :D

My friend's 11 yr old daughter LOVES Darth Vader and wants to be Vader for Halloween. I offered to make the chest, shoulder and shin armor if she'd buy the helmet.

I nominate Southern Hunter "Dad of the Month" :cheers

Great job and support toward your daughter.What a memory she will have to share of the night she saw "Clone Wars"(y)

Way to go guys! She is darling in that outfit. You can't put a price on memories. I still vividly remember leaving my little brother at grandmas house so dad and I could sneak off to see the new space movie in 1977. It was a life changing moment for me. :D

Glad you did it. Its not a big deal if somethings arent finished on the costume. As long as you get out the general idea its fine.

That is really cool that you did that with your daughter.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back