questions abt a lid

Heatshock

Hunter
hey guys - I am new on TDH. I am usually fd over on FISD/CE forums. Have done a quick intro on the new "Intro thread". Was originally on a mission to track down clonesix (ta for pms matey btw) and pick up build advice. Was gonna be quiet in the background.

whilst on a search for a nice CT lid - when I came across an intersting BF helmet. Seller Says its a Sgt Fang MH, but hes been over-zealous on the sanding. Heard TDH is THE place to ask Mando lid questions.

bob5.jpg
bob4.jpg

bob3.jpg
bob6.jpg

bob1.jpg

Prob never gonna assemble at full BF cossie, but I do like lids. Is the amount of pitting normal on a MH or is this just a bad recast?

If I do get it - I realise there is some work to be done - thinking bondoing and maybe FG on the inside.

opinions appreciated!
Ta, Nate

*apologies to mods if inappropraite post*

Hmm. I cant really tell, but if those are the only pics he posted of it, then, I'd get a mystery helmet from Sgt. Fang directly. The thing that troubles me is that he dosnt have pics showing the whole helmet, and just shows parts of it. One thing that I do notice is that on the RF ear side, are the holes.

Was he working on this? Or what? I'd assume he's working on it, cause it's silver, and that would probably explain the holes, which I would assume would be to make the ear's magnetic. But, use your best judgement. Like I said, I'd get one directly from Sgt. Fang himself

Depending on what he's asking in terms of price, I'd get a Sgt Fang directly, too. That could be a Fang, but if it is, it would definitely be v1 (i have one of these)-- the rounded cheeks give that away.

thx guys - oh those are the additional pics he sent after I asked for more detailed pics
the original advert is on a well known world wide auction site ;P

only piqued my interest cos of the starting bid for a "true" fan sculpt.
he states that he had painted and sanded down twice due to unforseen circumstances.

but like I said a BH designation is quite far down the line for me - but if it goes for a good price; might still put a bid in :D and use it as a display piece

thx for quick replies guys

Nate

i have the new mystery lid, and that is not v2 for sure...:facepalm plus, the myster lid doesnt come with the rf holes for the magnets either...this helmet=recast...imo

good eye!... i didnt spot the holes... he could added them after but i would still get a unprimed fang... re-finished 2X sounds sketchy..

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back