Rub n Buff

Firespray Pilot

Active Hunter
Hi everyone! I'm working on some Jango armor, and want to apply rub n buff. I've been testing on scrap pieces, but :wacko. I have seen pics of armor that look GREAT! What is the proper way to apply the RnB to get that awesome shine. How do you prep the surfaces? The armor is plastic based. Thanks in advance! :confused

Here is a method that SEEKER uses I believe.

Apply it with your fingers and apply it aggressively and hard so the heat generated from your fingers will harden the R&B

Yes, the surface must be primered & wetsanded with very high grit sandpaper. You should also only use a very tiny bit of RnB at a time.

sand your primer with a fine wet/dry paper like 1500. The better your prep, te better the end result. Once I got it applied nicely I rub the snot out of it with a soft t-shirt, and keep rotating the shirt to a clean spot. Some people use their hands, I don't like to get that dirty.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back