Beacon color

jackpot76

Active Hunter
I have seen people do it both ways, but the beacon on the jet pack for ESB looks to me solid metal in the movie shots. But I have seen members paint the top section black. The photos I have seen of ESB might be decieving because it is lit up and you may not be able to see if it is painted at the top. Anyone know for sure from maybe prop photos?

I've wondered that too... on the AoSW/MoM packs, they have the top and middle section black (weathered) Before the ESB HS grabs, the beacon on the ESB pack looked like a different shape entirely sometimes. The first shot the ESB beacon middle looks black, the second shot here it looks all silver... who knows? I like the black/silver look, but accuracy is really what I'm shooting for. Anyone else got an opinion?

ESB_HD_073_zoom.png

ESB_HD_029_zoom.png

No, I agree with you, aluminum body with painted black top, but go back and look at any of the beacons we have good shots of the top and you will see it is brass under that dark paint.

The Beacon is silver with a black tip
(time to start repainting :lol:)

Hmmm....In the last pic posted......that looks like silver body with a dark brass top to me. Man, that is one bright light light they have in there though isn't it??? Good observations guys!!! :)

Here are photos of the brass top.. First, I assume everyone already knows there are two completely different beacon tops, right? Next, while both tops are painted, you can clearly see the brass showing through the scratches and inside.

rocketpackbeacontop.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back