Fiberglass reinforcement spray

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
M

Migrate from As You Wish

Hey folks,
I've seen or heard a few times now about a spray or something that can be used to reinforce the helmets from the inside, allowing them not to lose their shape and so forth. Can you recommend anything along these lines?

Thanks,
Phil

I think some people are using spray in bed liner stuff for trucks.You can find it at auto parts stores

umm thats like rubber scratch protectant, in no way will it reinforce a helmet, it will make it scratch proof thou :)

That truck bed liner spray stuff won't do squat! I have tried several brands in my trooper helmet and it is just a rubbery stuff that won't do any type of reinforcing from what I can see. I ended up fiber glassing the helmet inside in the end.
FYI, there is no such thing as fiberglass reinforcement spray. It is a fibeglass cloth that it is layed into the helmet and a special resin for the fiber glass cloth is applied on top of it and it then hardens into the durable fiberglass shell. It can be gotten at any auto store, hard ware, or big store like Walmart and K-mart.
Lynn

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back