New To TDH

Firespray Pilot

Active Hunter
Hi Everyone!
I am just another new guy :)! I am an avid collector, and recently I got the bug to put together and collect full costume movie props. I started mostly buying used armor costumes, and later began to put kits together. I found that putting together your own costumes had its benefits ( costs, proper sizing, customizing, etc), however talk about growing pains :confused. My first dremmel experience was straight out of a sitcom. There was point when I realized that I needed a little help. That's when I came along TDH. I, like many others, have been looking through this site for a while. The information, advice, products, and friendship in this group is incredible! You have a wealth of knowledge, and you don't hesitate to share it with eachother. And the props are amazing!!! Just yesterday, I read a thread on how to heat fiberglass chest plates and reshape them. I was a bit nervous (and I did it with a fire extinguisher next to me, LOL!), but it worked like a charm! So, I decided to become a member. If only for the simple reason to post this, and to say THANK YOU to all of you! I really have appreciated all of your help thus far.
Well, enough of this lengthy intro. I look forward to my stay with you. Cheers! :cheers.

Welccome! Aside from making a great costume, you will make many new friends. You will get encouragement from the TDH costuming comunity. This is a great place to be.

Nice to meet you by the way!

Jay

Hey Firespray Pilot!

Welcome!

I'll tell you a little secret... I wasn't much a huge Boba fan but a StormTrooper nut when I first signed-up here. Let me tell you - this place changed that VERY quickly! I went from admiration and just looking for advice on a Boba helmet to wanting to do a full ESB costume! This place is FANTASTIC for a first-timer like me - the advice on builds/supplies/painting carries from Boba to just about EVERYTHING you could ever want to build!!! This is the first place I check when I go online! These guys should charge for all the info here!

The only problem is now we hooked you - were not letting you go!

So again welcome - your gonna have a BLAST!

Dave

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back