evolution toys shop

Hi guys,I've heard all yhe stories about star fortress :angry but haven't realy heard much about evolution toys:confused. I've checked the search engine but couldn't find anything on them,I was just wondering how their products were such as the gauntlet datrs and missle and knee darts . The armor looks desent as does the rest but looks can be desieving:wacko,some input would be helpful,and no i'm not going for 501st quality either but dont want a cheap one either thanks guys.(y)

he is a member here. but he is not on too much. his stuff is a 100 times better than SF but to be honest most of it is still off a little. in there ebay descriptions he says they use a ton of reference material. but I wonder what ones hes referencing because some of the products look way off (example: boot color, armor damage) I'm not saying I could do better, but then again im not selling them either. What I'm saying is you could do alot worse, but there is also alot better out there for that same price range! the best guy on ebay now is cucblack every thing I have seen of his is very nice and his price is very attractive too!! But really the very first place you should try is right here in the TDH family. for armor: Wickedbeard, Bobamaker, Fettpride(you will have to find that 2nd hand due to his situation but top notch and worth seeking out!, soft parts: ladysewforus, lonestar, leather: 99cent taco, and weapons: hotshot and sidewinder. all should just roll of the tip of your tongue when thinking of costuming. but believe me there is alot more people then these few I have mentioned who can help you out here. hope that helped! any more questions feel free to ask!

thanks for the input,I try to buy from here when I can but also look at other things for comparison. I was real interested in his guantlet kit nice deal I believe for all aluminum parts and buttons. This group has been very helpful and knowledgable that you all have made this an enjoyable ,sometimes frustrating process for alot of us and we applaud you all.

I dont think you'll have a problem with the darts. I know the Jango suit he posted a while back needed some mods to be accurate. I bought a ROTS Vader buckle from them. I was trying to replace my Porty version. It was smaller than porty's, and glued together, so it came apart. I put it back in the bag and it's sitting in a box. The prices on some of thier stuff look great. If you are buying through Ebay, they always answered my questions and kept me informed. Although I wasn't happy with the buckle, I still think some of their stuff could be worth buying, depending on the part.

I got a few bits from them (toe spikes, gaunt hose connectors etc) and I'm very happy with them. They are very good at communicating as well.
Not sure about their soft parts, colours do look a bit funny to me!!

Hi Guys

Im Gabriel from Evolution ... i know that some parts of my store need a little fixes ... but every days we work hard to make better and better parts ... for example i change the fabric for the ESB boba, the Boba Cape for ESB too ... any comments or help that can give to us please tell me.-

Thanks

I love your leather shoes! They Just need to be the correct color (grey/black) we touched on this before in another thread, but I will go over it again. here is a picture of your awesome but inaccurate version which are priced kind of high at over $200
and here is a set of CaBoots which are pretty much accepted as the standard for building a Fett and $50 to $75 cheaper. As you can see, even if you overlook the leather difference (which I do love!!) the colors are all wrong. That doesn't seem like it would be hard to correct. And if you did change the colors and maybe drop the price a little, I'm sure you would have a hit on your hands!!

evolution.JPG

caboots.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a pair of ESB gloves from Gabriel. They are great for the price especially. 50 bucks shipped. Most others are at least 80 bucks and look about the same to me. I plan on getting my toe spikes and wookie braids from them too and maybe more stuff later on.

i have Evolutions alias britt59 armour parts ,although i would have to say the chest armour is a little too small ....so i dont know where hes getting his reference from ,having said that i did have his gauntlets all i can say is they wasnt made very well as they where made from abs and the design was a bit poor and they didnt hold up too well unfort :(

I knew britt59 (I used to buy from him 3 3/4" Star Wars action figures... but he was too expensive). Once I told him that I was working in my custom mando, he showed me a few plates of the armor and the shoulders. I think he uses the WOF templates in abs, and to give them some thickness he bends the borders (then when you see the armor from the side it will look more thick). They have right size, but just before been bend... He is too expensive...

I have purchased toe spikes and a ROTJ jumpsuit from him. I found it to be good quality stuff and at a good price. A good person to deal with and good communication also. I plan to order from him again in the future.
Darren

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought several aluminium parts from him, as there are darts and beacon with light. Awesome work and correct pricing.
There are many parts (especially the aluminium ones) that are pretty decent stuff, not all, but many of them.

I have bought evolution parts and until now never had to regret that!

Thumbs up for britt59!

cheers,
Manuel

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back