Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

Studio Fett

Active Hunter
I wanted an ESB blaster, but I am one broke sucker! So I decided to build one myself!

Here's how I did it.

1) Here's the parts laid out (Note: I am possibly going to have another pistol, and I had to use a bigger piece of wood for the stock, those pics are coming soon.)
DSC06969.JPG

2) The flash tube was from a curling iron I purchased at the thrift store, although I had to arm wrestle my wife over it, I won! Shop smart...shop, S-Mart!
DSC06961.JPG

3) I used PVC pipe for the barrell and used a PVC union cut it in half and sanded it down for the scope mounts. (Actually I went through 3 of em, the first time I tried to cut em with a table saw, and it shattered like glass....doh! Back to the lumber yard!)
DSC06970.JPG

4) I used a swiffer type mop handle for the other eye piece for my scope. (Also purchased at the local thrift store, man I love that place, not only can I purchase my underwear for cheap, but I can build deadly Sci-Fi weaponry! )
DSC06977.JPG

5) I then cut small pieces of wood with a hacksaw (geez, my arms feel like they are going to fall off, manual labor sucks!)
DSC06975.JPG

I then sanded them down and JB Welded them on the PVC scope mounts to make them the top parts of the scope mounts.
DSC06979.JPG

6) I then took the mop handle and cut it down... I wasn't thinking and cut off the metal part that I could have used to slide into my scope, and glued....
DSC06978.JPG

7) So, I needed some way to attach it to the scope, a lid or something, hmm...So I went through the medicine cabinets, through the toothpaste tubes, through the lotions and creams, and found the perfect fit...
DSC06980.JPG

Vagisil , that's right guys, not only is it good for the most intimate itch, it's great for putting your eyepiece on your scope! No more itchy eye!

DSC06983.JPG

Now we're making progress!!!

Say Hi to Chewie.
DSC06985.JPG

More pics to come guys!

G-Fett

Last edited by a moderator:
skills dude...skills...and so creative!! i scratchbuilt a blaster, but by no means was it this cool...so ya, resorted to sidewinder...manual labor sucks...:lol: not having enough money for my wife's b-day is going to suck as well....:facepalm just kidding, really...nice work brother!!

skills dude...skills...and so creative!! i scratchbuilt a blaster, but by no means was it this cool...so ya, resorted to sidewinder...manual labor sucks...:lol: not having enough money for my wife's b-day is going to suck as well....:facepalm just kidding, really...nice work brother!!

Thanks bro! It's a work in progress, and one heck of a learning experience.

G-Fett

that is how my blaster was...it was the first thing i started building when i got into this whole project...frustrating, but really rewarding too...i didnt make mine very accurate, used obiwan's tutorial website and his instructions to do mine...it is okay, but i got too far in and had to go with sidewinder's kit cause i didnt want to put more time into it to make it more accurate...oh well...love what you are doing....

that is how my blaster was...it was the first thing i started building when i got into this whole project...frustrating, but really rewarding too...i didnt make mine very accurate, used obiwan's tutorial website and his instructions to do mine...it is okay, but i got too far in and had to go with sidewinder's kit cause i didnt want to put more time into it to make it more accurate...oh well...love what you are doing....

Yeah, If I could afford a kit, I would! BUt ah well, if I can pull it off, it will be a great feeling.

Thanks again brutha!

G-Fett

And here's an update, lotsa paint! I think I mighta gone a little to crazy with the weathering, but I like it none the less. Hope you guy's do too.

DSC06986.JPG

DSC06987.JPG

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back