'WOLF' Predator In Progress

HeadlessHunter

Well-Known Hunter
Ok after seeing AVP-R I though the character of the Predator or the Wolf as he is known was easily my favourite rendering of the character to date, so I decided to set myself the goal of making a Wolf suit, now I know this is going to take me a lot of time but I will get there, I started off a few months back, I was fortunate enough to get a casting of Predamaker's Wolf bio, which is a fantastic piece, up til now thats pretty much all I have although I have an undermask on its way too (thanks Mr Fett) I used the same technique I used on my last bio helmet, and heres a run down of the process with some pictures of the finished article

* trim and sand the helmet
* primer to show any spots that need fixing - here I decided to 'widen' the appearance of the lower cheeks and to lower the 'frown' a little with some filler to give it a more menacing appearance, once I had added the extra bulk I needed to replicate the hammered metal bumps in the surface, I solved this by using 3-4 different size drill bits and gently 'spoting' a few marks in a random fashion, I did this until I was happy with the effect, once that was done I re-primered the helmet.
* flat black coat, this settles in all the little grooves of the helmet which will add to the overall effect
* several 'blasts' of chrome silver, from about 2 foot away to begin the metallic look
* using Tamiya Titanium Silver I scrunched up some paper towel and used that with the paint to apply more silver detail to the helmet mainly the raised features of the helmet, around the snout and the eyes for example
* when painting my Boba Fett helmet I found oil pastels were great for adding grimy marks, here I used a dark ochre pastel and rubbed a bit of 'dirt' in here and there
* a final touch up using the paper towel and Tamiya Titanium Silver and voila, she's nearly there, just need to finish the laser shroud and add a good set of lenses. Let me know your comments (y)

Image002.jpg

Image007_4.jpg

Image009_6.jpg

Joe

great work bud, the finish is really, really good, one of the best ive seen, do you have pics before the mods you did, as would love to see the difference before and after?

What a great costume this will be when its finished:)

Thanks Paul, yeah stupidly I didn't get any before and after pics but what I basically did is illustrated below, this is a picture that Predamaker sent me of one of his 'wolf' bios, I built up the area with filler, sanded it smooth and then added the hammered details, hope its clear from the picture (y) I did my best to emulate the look of the Sideshow bio helmet replica, thanks for the kind words I love this helmet (y)

000_1097.jpg

the mods make it look a lot better, they are also seamless so look like theyve always been there. youre right though this is prob the nicest pred helmet design so sleek yet mean, shame the film was rubbish

Thanks mate I have to admit I was worried I wouldn't be able to blend in the hammered effect but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, I may still shave a bit of material off the bottom off the chin, it all depends how it looks on the undermask (y)

That's a very tasty upgrade you've gone and done. Is this gonna be a display piece, or are you putting a complete suit together seeing as you mention using an undermask?

It is for a full suit yes, I have the bio helmet, undermask, chest armour pieces and the claymore laser mines as well, the claymore mines are made by a member over at the hunters lair predator forum (y)

AVP-R was such a horrible, horrible movie... :(:cry:angryput the new predators were easily the best thing about that movie!! :love:love:love You have an awesome start to your costume!!:cheers

Joe,

Nice rework! If it helps, here's mine...

Raw:
IMG_2497.jpg

Painted:
IMG_2501.jpg

Stay safe and keep us posted!

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work Tim how did I miss this one!!??

Ok heres a quick update for anyone interested, I got my P1 undermask (I'm using a P1 as although there were special 'Wolf' undermask's made currently they are nigh on impossible to get hold of, also in the filming of AVP-R a specific Wolf undermask was not always used) yesterday and set about painting the base colours, skin, darker skin tones, dark green and black, obviously I am following the Wolf mask colours but just going from what I think looks right, this is only an undermask and so only around 50% of it will be visible, but that's no reason to skimp on the paintjob, more to come (y)

Oh yeah big thanks to Mr Fett for the undermask

Image003_2.jpg

Image007_2.jpg

Thanks guys, so far its just the base colours on there, all the markings were done by hand using a few reference shots of the Wolf's mask, my first every predator 'head' paint up, more to follow (y)

UPDATE**

Got my undermask finished and a brand spanking new bio which is dimensionally the same as the screen used masks, it also has super bright L.E.D's fitted in the laser shroud, so I got that fitted to the undermask and managed to get hold of a fantastic neckring as well from an excellent maker over on The Hunters Lair predator forum, heres a shot of a test fit so far, I also painted up my Predator Claymores, for anyone who hasn't seen AVP-R (and I cant blame you ;)) The predator has these 'mines' that he attaches to walls, they then shoot out laser beams which slice up anything that goes through them, here are mine painted up and with batteries added, anyway let me know your thoughts comments (y)

Image018_1.jpg

Image011_3.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back