New Templates: Republic Commando!

Skupilkinson

Active Hunter
Hey guys, you may have read on my blog that I've been planning to do templates for the Republic Commando?

Well, I have. :) I've just been waiting on some blueprints that have been drawn by a good friend of mine to help me with this project. I recieved the finished pencil drawings this morning and have set about modelling the RC helmet. The armor WILL follow but for now, I'm just focusing on the lid.

It's not alot to show just yet but it'll get there. I just wanted a thread here to let any non blog visitors know. ;)

Image1.jpg

Thanks alot guys!! I'm happy with it so far.

I messed up the cheek indents a little yesterday so I've altered them now. Just working on the snout. Though I have two new Commission jobs to do so work on this will slow a little. It WILL get finished though!

Image3.jpg

Thanks again guys,

I've made some more progress on it, not too much though as I need to knuckle down for some commission work. I've been commissioned to do my first weapon!

It's a concept pistol from the Mass Effect game. It's a pretty cool design as it goes. I'll post a pic. :p
Image8.jpg

You cn see in the side view window what it's meant to look like. I'm hoping to have this one complete by tonight.

As for the RC, I'll be looking to get some more done in the next day or two.

I finished up that Mass Effect pistol this morning so as a treat to myself I decided to get a little more done on the RC. :)

Another little section coming together now, the rear!

Image4.jpg

Woh! It's been quiet in the EU section today!

Anyway, I've pretty much finished the modelling now for the RC lid! :) I'm pretty happy with it, there are a few areas I'm not totally sure about yet so may tweak tem a bit. I just have a few things to finish up first.

Here's a pic:
Image5.jpg

Thanks very much guys! I'm glad you like it.

I've seen that other Pepakura RC file, I'm sure that's an ingame model that's been ripped from the game. It's horribly low detailed, so much so that I didn't even use it. To use game data for this kind of thing means the 3D models have to be fairly high detailed for game models. Such as Halo, though even they need work.

I'm looking forward to building this one, though it'll take me some time as I have a lot on lately.

Morning guys, I spent an hour or so on this this morning. Just trying to get it unfolded for all those you've been emailing me about it. So far so good, fortunately the RC is one of the more simplistic designs from SW. There may be some tricky spots during the build but overall it should be just fine. :)

Image6.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back