Paint Ball Sculpt

Jarvis

Active Hunter
I'm just now starting a paint ball mask only because I've never done one before . I was able to block it out last night and have a little fun with it but would like to get some input from people that actually play paint ball.
The shape of the eye space will change when I get a set of goggles to add to it and maybe the mouth will change as well , for now we've named it the joker mask .
Here's some pics
DSCF2336.jpg

DSCF2335.jpg

DSCF2333.jpg

DSCF2385.jpg

DSCF2386.jpg

DSCF2387.jpg

Hi Brian,

Nice sculpt...if you're going to do this for a Paintball gog, try using the JT Flex-7s. They have a nice wraparound shape. :)

Thats awsome to hear someones putting some work into making paintball masks scary! :lol: I get gogged to much to warrant a nice sculpt on my face. :lol:

Got some skills there bruv...
looks like Mr Punch from 'Punch & Judy' (puppets) The finished shot from above with the eyes closed looks kinda sinister.. I expect the eyes to open at any minute! :lol:

That looks good. Try shaping it to fit the Proto mask due to its "quick change" lense and slightly closer profile. I've been out of the game for a while so there may be a better mask to use.

Smoothon has a high impact plastic resin that sets up the same as the plastic used to make paintball masks or say a Frisbee disk.
Pretty low cost stuff if done right .

Updated pics for the mask , I'm using Airsoft Gogs on this sculpt and will be buying a paintball mask and goggles to get a better idea of how to finish it off.
DSCF2407.jpg

DSCF2405.jpg

DSCF2406-1.jpg

Cool sculpt... but I was playing speedball for a few years and I find breathing in a regular mask so-so, not to mention stuffy.

plus I don't think you can use Airsoft gogs to a PB field??

also depending on what materials you use for the final product... it may be affect your game... eg: to hard/soft.

As a player I would aim for that part if I knew it was hard... easy for me to break paint.
second if it was too soft I'd ask a ref to check it cause it may unfairly cause too much bounce...

also it may not be safe to play with something not suited for the velocity of paint... I set my marker to 300fps.

and i don't think the sculpt you have will work on any PB mask right now... I'd stop till you have a real mask to work with, why waste time, only to re work it?

cool though.
JM2c

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back