Wonderflex

tooclonecrazy

New Hunter
What is it? I've been doing lots of research on good materials to use for helmets and stuff, and saw that someone used this to build their Boushh helmet. I've seen it on Cosplay sites too. Wonderflex seems to be popular among the anime/ manga crowd. . .

Is it durable enough to use for building a helmet? Or something to use for smaller parts? Grenades, blasters, etc. Is it a reliable material for bounty hunters?

No! No! No!

Its terrible! I cant get Sintra here in Ireland so I ordered some Wonderflex from the US on a websites recommendation... It is like hard card/cardoard with grid fiber over it. Its simple to cut, 2 or 3 pieces stacked harden like stone but its a ***** to smooth. Its easy enough to shape, easy to use but I just cant get a smooth finish with the auto fillers I was using... and because it was still relatively flexible when hardened, paint chipped off it :(

I'll prolly give it one more try and then give up with the stuff! If you have an alternative avoid it - of get a small piece to try out... I dont like it at all - certainly not up to doing StormTrooper armor as I had intended...

Dave

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.