TDH relocated!

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
Hey all,

TDH is now up and running on its new dedicated server!

Moves like this always result in oddities... we do our best, but strange things are bound to happen!

If anything seems not right, please let us know ASAP.

There are a couple of things I know of that need work:

• About 30 or so board attachments weren't able to be copied over. With the hundreds and hundreds of them there are, this probably won't even be noticed. But just in case... we know about this one.
  • Email notifications may not be working properly yet. I'll sort that one out tomorrow.

Anything else that comes up will be added here, and then moved to a resolved list as they get fixed.

Hopefully we'll see a much faster forum, and we'll be able to use our new found power to do some great things down the line!

the upper right background graphic behind the name and logo to the right of the picture of jeremy at the top of every page is all grey instead of the red/black gradient.

the upper right background graphic behind the name and logo to the right of the picture of jeremy at the top of every page is all grey instead of the red/black gradient.

i'm not seeing that... i've checked from windows, linux and mac clients too...

not sure what to tell you :(

we know that email notifications aren't working right still.

maybe it's just my work computer then, I saved the graphic to my computer and opened it and it looks the same. I'll post it, but if it looks fine on your end then I'll know it's my computer.

forum_banner_logo_as viewed by NEF.png

the background behind the pic of jeremy looks fine and so does to the right of the logo.

Ah, I think I understand now...

So in that logo you posted... you are saying there's a grey box around that image? It sounds like your browser doesn't support transparent PNG files. For me, the text is floating on a transparent background.

That sounds like a rendering issue on the computer you're using. Are you saying this looked right before the server move? I don't really see how the server location could have anything to do with PNG rendering...

i just hit refresh and payed close attention, the background graphic goes all the way accross until the logo loads then it has the grey box. It's only a split second. So what you are saying about the transparent png makes sense, I just don't know why it was fine before today and now it's not.

The way we were saving them down previously would sometimes create an incongruity between the foreground image and the background gradient. Using PNGs transparency eliminates that issue and allows us to more interesting treatments with the background in the future.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back