My FP V2 Armor Painted AGAIN!

webchief

Well-Known Hunter
So, as many of you know... after the acid rain incident of St. Patrick's Day in Boston and the spotting that occured all over my armor I've been out of commission as Boba Fett. This has been the longest I've ever gone since becoming a Fett costumer without my "baby". Since the paintjob was completely ruined on my armor I had to sand it all down to the bare plastic and start all over again. Something that was completely frustrating but necessary.

Well... after much dragging of my feet and lots and lots of elbow grease, my armor is once again finished! YAY!!!!! Its a completely layered paint job and looks WAY better in person. Now I've only got to get my bucket finished since I sold my old one! :shock:

Here's the pics:

normal_IMG_1595.JPG

normal_IMG_1596.JPG

normal_IMG_1597.JPG

normal_IMG_1598.JPG

normal_IMG_1600.JPG

normal_IMG_1601.JPG

normal_IMG_1602.JPG

normal_IMG_1604.JPG

normal_IMG_1605.JPG

Acid rain ruined your paint????? I've never heard of that before!!! Do you have any pics of what it looked like after the rain???? Very curious about that!! The new paintjob looks fantastic though!!!!

Did the acid rain affect any other members of your garrison during the parade?

I jokingly refer to it as acid rain only because I don't know what else it could really be. My armor was sealed and everything and it still got spots everywhere. Our Vader apparently had issues as well. I'm almost wondering if we weren't sprayed with something in the parade and not from the light rain drizzle we got.

I jokingly refer to it as acid rain only because I don't know what else it could really be. My armor was sealed and everything and it still got spots everywhere. Our Vader apparently had issues as well. I'm almost wondering if we weren't sprayed with something in the parade and not from the light rain drizzle we got.

I wonder what the effect of alcohol on the paint would be. Seriously, given the crowd..

It looks great though. You need to repaint every now and then anyway ;)

If I were you, I would have wetsanded it with a sandsponge, then resealed it. I seriously messed up the cheeks on my Fett helmet once, and I wetsanded and then resealed it, and you can't tell anything happened at all.

Great paintjob though, I can't imagine being without my primary costume for a long time! Actually I am now :( I have no Stormtrooper, which believe it or not is my preferred costume.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back