Mandalorian Variants Forum Name Change

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
As anyone who has been with TDH for some time can see, we have had some difficulty determining how to smoothly integrate the custom Mandalorians as well as the Expanded Universe Mandalorian based characters (like Jodo Kast) into our board. Of course there is also the question of characters such as Durge and other EU bounty hunters as well as custom bounty hunters who might use some Mandalorian armor pieces, but aren't truly "Mandalorian."

After a great deal of discussion we believe we have a good feel for the direction we would like to go. We will soon be changing the name of the "Mandalorian Variants" forum to a new name, which has yet to be determined, which will expand that forum to encompass all custom bounty hunters as well as all EU bounty hunters.

We will also be creating a few new forums to capture a broader audience and give our members more room to grow and share your love for Star Wars costuming.

poetic

rose.jpg

by any other name...

How about "Scum and Villiany"

Thats good, or maybe "Bounty Hunter's Guild" to pay homage to that in-universe institution that was destroyed by Boba Fett himself. Would be pretty fitting to have that used on a forum focusing on Boba. =)

Sounds like a winner to me. My only concern though is TDH taking a more RPF style turn towards Star Wars costuming. Not that I'm saying thats a bad thing at all, but is that where TDH needs to go?

The more TDH opens up, then the possibility arises to become less exclusive on it's original theme. In 5 years from now, will TDH still be "Boba and Jango Fett Elite Costuming Forums", or "Star Wars Elite Costuming Forums"? I think this is a very valid question in the sense of what best serves the current membership and potential future membership of TDH.

I'm definately not the person who needs convincing that this is a good idea. However, is it the *best* idea?

Tom
Novall "Beskar'lovik" Talon

another vote for scum

Good morning,

I did not take this to be a call for suggestions, but I'd like to cast my vote in support of the preoffered Scum and Villainy title. Direct from the film that started it all, the term is very appropriate and encompasses the desired demographic nicely.

I displayed a rose in my first post to comment that I have confidence that any other name chosen would likely serve just as well. I appreciate the thought put into details like this.

TDH Staff,
You run a tight ship. Kudos.

Be well,
Thomas

Thats good, or maybe "Bounty Hunter's Guild" to pay homage to that in-universe institution that was destroyed by Boba Fett himself. Would be pretty fitting to have that used on a forum focusing on Boba. =)

Sounds like a winner to me. My only concern though is TDH taking a more RPF style turn towards Star Wars costuming. Not that I'm saying thats a bad thing at all, but is that where TDH needs to go?

The more TDH opens up, then the possibility arises to become less exclusive on it's original theme. In 5 years from now, will TDH still be "Boba and Jango Fett Elite Costuming Forums", or "Star Wars Elite Costuming Forums"? I think this is a very valid question in the sense of what best serves the current membership and potential future membership of TDH.

I'm definately not the person who needs convincing that this is a good idea. However, is it the *best* idea?

Tom
Novall "Beskar'lovik" Talon

Bounty Hunters Guild was the new name chosen for the official detachment of the 501st a couple months ago, so I dont think that would work ;)

I throw a blind vote out for scum and villainy as well!

My only concern though is TDH taking a more RPF style turn towards Star Wars costuming. Not that I'm saying thats a bad thing at all, but is that where TDH needs to go?

Tom,

Your concern is very valid. We have struggled and debated TDH's future for some time. Our belief is that if in 5 years TDH is only "Boba and Jango Fett Elite Costuming Forums" then TDH will be a ghost town. We believe a large part of what has made TDH a success is not the subject, but the way in which it has been presented and the way in which things are handled here, as well as the type of individuals who make up the core of our community.

We went through a similar struggle with the custom mandalorians. When we originally opened our doors, we didn't support or allow them, but when we saw it was best for the community and was foolish to turn our backs on those who wanted to venture out beyond Boba, Jango, and Zam, we made a change and opened the board to the customs. That was a turning point for us and a step in the right direction.

While our vision for the future is still a bit cloudy, our plan is to continue to expand and grow as we feel we have something special to offer and don't see why our members should have to visit other places to get information that could be provided here.

In regard to TDH becoming "the RPF," well, we have heard that a lot over the years, however, this will simply never be the case. The RPF is run in a very different manor than we run TDH and its membership lacks the cohesive sense of community that is seen here. Also, the RPF is an "everything for everyone" type of board. This is not the future of TDH. Will TDH eventually be "Star Wars Elite Costuming Forums?" Maybe. We don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but we do feel a strong need to offer our members more.

With all of that being said, TDH is and always will be primarily focused on Boba, Jango, Zam, and other bounty hunters.

D

In regard to the new name of the forum, while "Scum and Villany" is a good name, due to other changes we are working on, it may not work for this forum. We appreciate your suggestions, but the final name will have to fit into a larger naming convention.

In regard to the new name of the forum, while "Scum and Villany" is a good name, due to other changes we are working on, it may not work for this forum. We appreciate your suggestions, but the final name will have to fit into a larger naming convention.

Is that to say that many of the other forum's names will be changed eventually too in order to fit this larger naming convention? Not that it's good or bad either way, just wondering.

Is that to say that many of the other forum's names will be changed eventually too in order to fit this larger naming convention? Not that it's good or bad either way, just wondering.

A slight reorganization may be required but a mass name change to the forums will not be needed.

Bounty Hunters Guild was the new name chosen for the official detachment of the 501st a couple months ago, so I dont think that would work.

I just noticed that Scum and Villainy got used as a section heading including the forums for Jango Zam and the customs. I like how things are organized now. It's the small tweeks that really make the site that much better, more professional, and the number 1 place to come for Star Wars costuming information.

Yes, it was a good call on your part, NEF. We are in a constant state of improvement and hope that we always will be.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back