Advice Needed - Purchase Issue w/ seller

Stormrider

Well-Known Hunter
I need some advice, I contacted a fairly well known vendor here, on the 4th. He contactacted me back very quick, giving me pricing on 2 of his kits. I replied back, said Id take them, id paypal him shortly. I also asked about another kit he made. He replied back later that day.

I paypalled him an hour later, mailed him one last time and since I have not heard from him.

Ive mailed him at the paypal address he gave me, and on this forum and the mercs, just to ask 'did you get the payment' and 'When should i expect it?'

Im not necessarily needing the kits right away, i have a lot going on, im just wondering how I should handle this.

I have purposefully left out the sellers name, because its not necessary to mention it, just that I have never seen anything bad about him, he was highly recommended and is very talented.

Should I wait 20 days ( its been 10) and then try to reverse the PP if I dont hear from him?

Its very possible hes busy, and ive never had to reverse a paypal before.

Thanks for your time.
Mason

I would be much more patient. If they are a well known vendor here, they must have a good track record. Making this stuff takes time, and we all have real lives outside of this HOBBY. E-mail every week or so but if you've received no reply after a month, then you can start to worry. Good luck.

Also keep in mind that they may be on vacation. Or having internet issues. So more than likeley he just hasn't had the ability to get back to ya! :)

sadly, 10 days is not long at all.

my usual advice is to not even think about it until you're hitting the upper limit on paypal dispute times.

i've waited 3-4 months for things that i've ordered from people here, and that's just sort of normal.

Having exactly the same problem with a vendor here, no communication in at least 5 weeks. But like you, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because they have a great reputation. Patience is wearing thin though, I don't care how busy they are, they should at least answer their emails!!! They have made the time to surf this site occasionally in the meantime.

I need some advice, I contacted a fairly well known vendor here, on the 4th. He contactacted me back very quick, giving me pricing on 2 of his kits. I replied back, said Id take them, id paypal him shortly. I also asked about another kit he made. He replied back later that day.

I paypalled him an hour later, mailed him one last time and since I have not heard from him.

Ive mailed him at the paypal address he gave me, and on this forum and the mercs, just to ask 'did you get the payment' and 'When should i expect it?'

Im not necessarily needing the kits right away, i have a lot going on, im just wondering how I should handle this.

I have purposefully left out the sellers name, because its not necessary to mention it, just that I have never seen anything bad about him, he was highly recommended and is very talented.

Should I wait 20 days ( its been 10) and then try to reverse the PP if I dont hear from him?

Its very possible hes busy, and ive never had to reverse a paypal before.

Thanks for your time.
Mason

Do I read this correctly: You emailed him once to request a kit, a second time to let him know that you would be sending a paypal, a third time to request additional kits, Then, and hour later, you email him for the fourth time to ask if he got the payment, a fifth time to ask why haven't I heard from you? Then sent hime PMs on the boards?

Is it possible that you were a little excessive there with the emailing? If you are constanlty blasting off emails (which take time to answer) could that be considered a little OCD?

I can apreciate that you want to know that your money isn't wasted. I like to know my money is respected as well, but you did mention that this is a well known vendor here. If you have not heard a word from the vendor within the PayPal time limit for a reversal, contact PayPal and request a refund.

May I suggest to you (and everyone else that buys something from someone on a website) Ask about delivery time before sending payment. It makes a difference if the item needs to be made, or is ready to be shipped. If it needs to be made, most builders know how much time it takes to make and can give you a window of time.

Hang in there. 10 days is not fatal. At 25 days, send him a reminder that you have not heard from him, and would like to know if you will be receiving your prior to the PP dealine for a reversal.

Good luck with this isssue, I hope all works out. What ever happens, please post results here .

Is it possible that you were a little excessive there with the emailing? If you are constanlty blasting off emails (which take time to answer) could that be considered a little OCD?

No offense C6, but if you and I are in communications back and forth, then I send you money and no longer get a response, its wrong.

I do agree 10 days is nothing in the prop community, but have the decency to reply to an email after I just gave you my hard earned money for a product your trying to sell.

(C6 is not the seller in question here, its just an example.)

Thanks for the replies.

And to answer your question Clonesix. We pm'd back and fourth one day 2x each. I sent payment, pmd him to tell him money was sent/to make sure he got it. The email address had domain prefixes in it ive never seen so I wanted to make sure it was correct.

The original pm's were inquiry->response with items prices->acceptance and inquiry of another item->passing on the second item

later: You have paypal

I followed up a week later.

Doesnt seem OCD, but perhaps. Though I run my own business and tend to think communication is key.

Perhaps I came off wrong, i wasnt looking for a promise, or a best friend:) Simply a 'Got your $xxx.xx, should be around 9-10-2008'.

I dont really care if it gets here _tomorrow_ or next week, or the week after so much, as I have never, as stated, had to reverse a pp, and dont know how long/when to actually do that:) Especially if it went to the wrong person.

But again thanks all for reading and posting. I have enough work to do for the next few weeks regardless, and as summer winds down, spend as much time as I can in the sand.

Ciao
mason

The folks doing this stuff typically don't run businesses, and don't usually look at it that way. I know I'm terrible like that. It usually takes me a month or more to get to the post office with a package.

As always, I'm not trying to say this is good or right, just that it has been my experience that bad communication is the norm.

Why do people send pm's to ask if they got the paypal payment, every payment I have ever sent has been recieved with no problems. I don't know just seems wierd. :confused

Just so you know, this happens more worldwide than ever.

They could have had a family emergency, and like other say, they could be on vacation, internet issues, etc.

Just a few days ago, I recieved an email from one of my buyers on ebay saying that her husband died, and even generously offered his death certificate for proof. Back story to that was that it took about a month until she responded back, I had reported an unpaid item strike.

So what I mean by all this is that have patience with this. If I were to make costume parts, I would have them shipped within 24 hours. But not all people are the same

Why do people send pm's to ask if they got the paypal payment, every payment I have ever sent has been recieved with no problems. I don't know just seems wierd. :confused

because sometimes people accidently mistype their paypal addy's when they send them to me...I remember batninja sent me his, and swapped one letter...

it came back saying user was unknown. But maybe someone else around the world had that email, they mighta been a few bucks richer...

so a good reason to ask....

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back