Sources for gloves///base glove options

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Guri--

I've seen one of the pics you're talking about with the snap. For everyone--The gloves come in the plain style or with the snaps. I have a set of military parade gloves--those have the snap on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
phantomfett, are the military parade gloves close enough to the Fett gloves to make it worth me tracking a pair down??

Guri

Guri--I just sent you an email of one of my gloves. Let me know if it didn't load. I'll split the pics up.

I was thrown off track looking at all the heavy leather gloves. I found a pair that might do the trick.....I found them in the Morris Costume book..they are Mens Nylon gloves with snaps, they have grey...And they run about 4.00 a pair...I am going to order a pair and sew on the white tops and then I will post pics....Something else i was thinking about was dont they look like race car driver gloves? The white tops could be some kind of fire protectant...I think this is the biggest fett mystery.....But we can solve this one........

What do you think of these GLOVES

This is what I was using 5 years ago with my first outfit. They are a thil leather. And if you can't tell from the pic, they are a light gray.
gloves.jpg

gloves2.jpg

What do you think?

Well, Boba Fettish, since you brought it up....

Brak's threw out the idea that Fett's gloves resemble BMX gloves in style. And since they did use the BMX shoulder pad for the Sandtroopers I thought it was looking in to. I did a little searching on vintage BMX gloves and found this pic:

motorbike1.jpg

While it doesn't give us much, the look is similar.

While BMX gloves are similar in style with the padded white fingers, there NO concrete evidence as of yet that confirms this. Right now it is one of the miriad of possibilities. Perhaps they were parade gloves inspired by a BMX design?

jaybone9 wrote:I was thrown off track looking at all the heavy leather gloves. I found a pair that might do the trick.....I found them in the Morris Costume book..they are Mens Nylon gloves with snaps, they have grey...And they run about 4.00 a pair...I am going to order a pair and sew on the white tops and then I will post pics....Something else i was thinking about was dont they look like race car driver gloves? The white tops could be some kind of fire protectant...I think this is the biggest fett mystery.....But we can solve this one........

do they fit snug or baggy???

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back