USPS might have lost my package

Not true. USPS is not run by the Government. Hence the annual stamp price hike to help with gas. Notice the website is ".com" and not ".gov".
USPS is an independent establishment of the executive branch of the United States government.
From the USPS website:
Do not receive tax dollars for operations. We are a self-supporting agency, using the revenue from the sale of postage and products to pay expenses.

USPS is something of a hybrid. It is granted certain privileges that no similar private firm gets and some aspects of its management are quasi-governmental (e.g. the Postmaster General is a political appointee).

Hey CB, send me a PM with your tracking number and I can check the status here at the office.

With alot of services like Delivery Confirmation, you arent guaranteed tracking just acceptance and delivery scans, even though your package will be scanned all along the route. But those scans do show on the internal system. So I can check them at work.

If anyone else has trouble with a USPS package that has some sort of number on it just send me a PM with the number and I will check it for you. If nothing else I can tell you the last place it definatly was and you can start your search there.

My package from Danielle just reached allen park michigan. If i knew where that was, id be... happy? But im assuming ive got 2 days to go. :)

i feel your pain man. I bought a hyperfirm lewis blaster and tracked it through ups. it never made it here. The tracking ended somewhere in TN or Kentucky and was never heard from again. Luckily I was able to get my money back, but man it hurts. Hopefully it will show up for you.

PM sent TK-Fett

I think it's going to be ok everybody, false alarm perhaps.

It just really worried me they didn't update anything until I called yesterday.

Yeah it's only been 7 days with a weekend in there, but if you drop the money on something it scares you if you don't know where the package is.

As others have stated, nice things have been lost.

Who knows who has the hyperfirm, or any of 99centTacos belts.

The stuff is somewhere, it just always helps to know, and it is possible.

It seems like the delivery confirmation is more for the seller than the buyer then, if it's not helpful with tracking.

When it gets to my doorstep, obviously I know it's there.

-Quinn

its probably like the airport auctions.

I saw a tv show where companies buy all of the luggage from the airports that is never claimed. They sort it, sell it and scrap it. its a multi million dollar profit business a year.

Theres probably stuff that gets 'seperated' from its packaging and then sold.

Label/Receipt Number: 0307 0020 0005 0533 6103

Your item was delivered at 12:47 PM on August 13, 2008 in NEW BERLIN, WI 53151.

Was wondering if everything is ok. Armor isn't damaged or anything from shipping.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back