To go or not to go in costume.

im going in my for sure. though now with all this talk on theatre regulations i feel i should call them. as for me my :jet pack going right in front of me when i sit down.! After the show we should start a thread with pics for everyone to post

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! We're BOTH going in costume, as they are. :) Because of prior commitments, we will have to go Sunday afternoon, instead of opening day/night. :(

My daughter has been doing a very good job of sanding her sintra armor that I cut out for her. I've primed it and she's painting it herself. (y) It's colorful. :D She calls it "rainbow style". The helmet is a little big, but not horribly huge. I found a toy stilletto knife to add to her gauntlet. I'm pushing hard to finish making her gauntlets soon.

I'll be posting pix soon. (y)

Do it man! If my son was old enough and asked me to I would definately do it. I've been debating about wearing my Fett anyway. But I was wondering what to do with the jet pack. After reading this thread I'm just not gonna wear it, if I end up dressing.

People aren't wearing their jet pack?! I feel like I have to wear mine, I just spent the past two weeks pulling all nighters to complete it!

You know, I was in a similar situation. I tried everything on last night and I looked like Moby Dick. And while I wasn't completely sold on it, my kids were loving it! So hopefully I can make a few cosmetic changes to the flak vest and adjust the belts a bit and not look so blobish. :eek:

And yes, go dressed up with you daughter! You will be her hero for life. the wonderful thing about kids is that they see the glass half full. To your daughter, you're the real deal. And its awsome that she has a father that will do this with her. Thats what its all about! :cheers

As promised, progress pix of my six year old daughter's armor. I cut it out, shaped it and primed it with Krylon primer. She sanded it, and is in charge of painting it. She's using a "rainbow" paint scheme. :) What do you think? Be kind. :)

primed armor.jpg

painted armor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is awsome, i hope when my daughter is older she will want to costume with me

Its great that you are letting her paint it how she wants

Oh come on, she totally stole my color scheme :p that looks awesome, can't wait to see pics of how the event turns out.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back