***Official Thread - Vest and Gloves

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Alright, I thought that I was right on this, but I had to verify with a source to confirm. Whaddaya know, I was right...anyway, I am really probably going to be throwing everyone for a loop here, but here goes...

The gloves did not have any snaps on them, they were simply slip on gloves. The unique thing about them is that they had elastic around the bottom of the gloves. We actually tucked the jumpsuit sleeves into the gloves to help secure it since the gloves had elastic. Which therefore made closing and fastening the gauntlets a biatch.

Should have probably posted this earlier, but being new to this whole costuming thing, I NEVER thought that you all would get that detailed. Well, obviously I was wrong and now you have all dragged me down with you. Damn you all!!!! Just kidding, I love this.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what you are saying is basically:

jangohand.jpg

That looks like a wrist slit to me...Albeit the elastic wrist sounds good. Maybe they sent the elastic wristed one to Cel2 to piss off the guys trying to dress the mannequin? :)

Honestly, I think if we can find something in the right color, I don't think the wrist will matter so long it is long enough to go into the gauntlets. I just can't find any in a color that is even close.

I agree, the problem is finding a style in the right color.

That definately could be a wrist slit on that picture, they did use two different costumes for the movie, but I would guess that they had alot of different gloves, especially while filming the Kamino scenes. Or there could have even been a slit on the gloves I handled, even with the elastic. The slit just wouldn't be open at the bottom because of the elastic.

If it is a slit, it almost looks like it is too close to the thumb, though. Kinda like it might be something sticking out of the inside of the gauntlet. Just can't tell.

Frankly, I thought it looked stupid to have an exposed wrist. Like Boba, it just seems that the gloves should tuck into the gauntlets so that no skin appears.

I bought some deerskin hunting gloves from walmart for 15 bucks. They are a faded black, and under some light, look the exact blue, and in others its black. But for 15 dollars, and how accurate they look on the issue of the seams, its one of the best if seen.

In which department at Wal*Mart did you find your gloves?

I looked in a couple of different areas of the store and
found no such thing!!!

I found a ton of leather gloves, but they were all light tan, brown, etc.

if there is one thing I noticed about my move to chicago, state to state, things sold differ ! In cali, you aren't going to find a glove. In Il, you find gloves in about every department store ! give it to end of november, trust me, the gloves will be quite abundant.

BTW- Squirk, good seeing you here you ol' RPF rascal.

I further checked out the site that Squirk recommended and found so many good candidates for design, but the freaking color is what bugs me !!! Keep looking guys...at least we know where to get good gloves if blue is not around, so thanks squirk !

BTW- it would be weird to meet you...I am still expecting comic book guy telling me "Worst Jango EVER" Supposedly, there are a lot of fetts up here, like Seeker.

Just got back from my local Wal-Mart and they had a ton of the deerskin hunting gloves in all sizes. They are EASILY the closest I have seen to the real deal, they even have the elastic around the bottom. But, they only come in black. They don't look bad in the black, just not quite the right color. If I cannot find a blue pair before October, these will definately be the ones that I purchase.

EDIT: Just found this pair as well online, once again, in black...

http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi/SID=1001520640/page=mp1a.htm/sp=d301.htm

I am not sure about the differences between Jango's and Boba's vest. Jango's sleeves are obviously a little different. Other than that, I don't know.

I will have a tutorial for Boba's vest up on our website very soon. It's already done, Azeem just has to put it up. www.azeem2000.com

I didn't want to start a new thread so I found this one and thought I would add some gloves I found and wanted some opinions. I know that their not navy blue but I thought maybe the length would be great under the gauntlets or would they be a problem. I don't own a set of gauntlets so I wouldn't know. I'm geting a set of gauntlets VERY soon though ;)

http://www.oregonglove.com/content/876gt.asp

876gt.jpg

~Bobby

I've always used long gloves. It keeps them nicely tucked inside, and also helps keep the gauntlets from sliding around on your arm.

sith_camaro wrote:I've always used long gloves. It keeps them nicely tucked inside, and also helps keep the gauntlets from sliding around on your arm.

Great advice!! So you dont think the extra leather would be too thick for clamping the gauntlet over??

~Bobby

I'm currently working to make my own vest out of black vinyl, so heres my questions. 1) are there any patterns for it 2) should i sew the shoulder pads on separately or all one piece and 3) could anyone who has made their own or mostly made their own please post away. any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Well, I sewed the shoulders on separately and I used a pattern for a womens vest- depending on your size, you may be able to use it. I have the pattern info on my site. I used the padded version of that pattern but just lined it and didn't pad it as shown on the pattern. Then I made a shoulder armor template and drew out my shoulder pieces based on that and sewed them on. I also altered the pattern so it would zip in back instead of in front.

Thanks Mirax. I'll have to see if i can find that pattern. i don't think size will be a problem seeming as i am kind of short. how has everyone else attached it in the back (zipper, velcro, snaps, etc.)?

thanks again. :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back