Just watched CLONE WARS (special preview).......possible spoiler

tadams14

Active Hunter
The Navy base here in Lemoore, CA just showed the Clone Wars movie. It took about 20 minutes to finally "get used" to the new look.......once you are passed that, the movie was actually pretty entertaining. Lots of action and lots of emphasis on the characters' personalities (including Clones).

The movie was pretty much full of battles from start to finish and the kids will love a lot of the cute stuff (baby Hutt, mischievious jawas, stupid droid humor, and of course R2D2 antics).

I do feel the lightsaber battles could have been much better considering it was limitless to what could be portrayed on screen.

Anyway, you can judge for yourself in a couple of days.

I got to see it last night at a charity for Ronald McDonald House that our local garrison was invited to troop. It was a great. I'm already looking forward to seeing it again.

I was also lucky to find an Avant Premiere... Amazing movie... Everything looks great... The history and the characters, makes you scream... I WANT MORE!!!!

Personally, I'm happy to see R2-KT's appearance, it may be just me, but man I was so happy to see that.

And I was happy to hear about it. A friend of mine saw the screening over the weekend and told me it was in there. If you know thw story behind R2KT, then you know how touching it is. I hope to see the movie next week.

I missed it.....but what part did R2KT show up?

I remember when Katie passed, but I never did hear about the droid until just now. I'll definitely watch for her the next time I see Clone War.

I too loved the inclusion to R2-KT into the script... it touched my heart in a big way...

I saw it on Sunday morning, and will again on Wed night, before the week of trooping the cinemas happen from Thurs night onwards.. :p

Yeah, I've seen it today along with several of my Garrison and TDH members
in S.F. It was for a special press release preview night.(y)
Don't want to say anything about the movie. I don't want to spoil it for anyone.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
This has probably been asked somewhere else but why didn't they get Tem to do the voices of the clones in The Clone Wars?
When reading Karen Traviss novels, my mind is reading the clones with a New Zealand accent, obviously.
The clones (in The Clone Wars) sound like ( no offense intended) someone trying to do an Australian accent.. badly.

Please don't get me wrong, I am going to see it this weekend with my partner and we are both very exited but I was just curious about Tem's lack of involvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
When reading Karen Traviss novels, my mind is reading the clones with a New Zealand accent, obviously.

:lol: Funny thing about that. My 6-year-old wanted me to read "The Mandalorian Armor" (not Karen Traviss) to him, and I find myself doing the accent when I read Boba's lines. And he also runs around with his new Clone Trooper helmet doing the accent himself. It's so cute.:D

Going to see it at the first showing on Friday.

David.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back