Republic Commando

You guys have awesome RCs... although I strongly recommend that you make sure you have a Deece... it seems like it's one of the few weapons that anyone and everyone can identify.

Kal

Okay, I'm a newb here. I've managed to build a Mandalorian helmet, much in need of repairs, but that was out of sheet metal, something that's one thickness which I can understand. I can see where you're all getting the templates for these costumes, but I have no idea where to start with the actual building. I ain't a PVC person, but I love the Clone's and Commando's. Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly.

It all starts with a master, for a fiberglass/resin one you can make it out of anything from clay to cardstock. Once you have the master you need to mold it with a silicone rubber, I recommend Rebound 25 from Smooth-on. From there you make a jacket for the rubber either from fiberglass, Plasti-paste from Smooth-on, or plaster bandages. Then you are ready to cast, lets say it's a helmet, you can get a good roto-casting resin from Smooth-on, google how too roto-cast.

Now that is the more expensive way to go, if you just want to make one then I would suggest some Pepakura files from Skip, his are what I consider the Best of the best.

Then there is vacuum forming, I do not know much about this so if anyone out there wants to give tips please do so.

mandomerc.... you built one out of sheetmetal.(y) I don't know if that's common but I'd like to see that. Back on topic, great armor, now all you need is a DC17 blaster or what ever it is.

Never mind about having to show me pics, just saw them. Pretty good. I would recommend sanding down the surface which appears to have sauter (spell check?) on it, bondo on it, or just clumped up paint. And if you could either replace the visor with a tinted one or just place a tinted film (thin cerran like plastic wrap) over it.

GraphiX:
Yeah, I actually used a lot of epoxy to hold most of the panels together, and that's what's on it. I think I am going to just grind it down, since I'm using a grinder to cut out Mandalorian armor right now (I'm using really thick metal). BTW, I used a plastic G.I. helmet for the top.

Anyways, thanks SUPERprops, but is the 'master' just the basic shape of whatever I'm making?

Kote Ner vod! Love it! Especially that Buy'ce :)

I wonder how many People understood what I just said? :p
I did ner vod. Its a real pain in the shebs that not a lot of people here speak mando. Or at least dont show that they do. aruetiise..

well i wish u darasuum kote mate. Oya!

any self-resrectin mando would :) "glory my brother!" Buy'ce = helmet :)
Ori'jate! that means very good. its not so commenly used so incase u didnt know. im glad to see that there are a few vode that strive to true mando'a. o btw that beskar'gam is Kandosii! but could use some weathering maybe?

very nice. it seems like white RCs aren't all that common. i see lots of omega and delta, but not just the plain commandos.

i like it!

I can't imagine a plain commando on the field, cuz the commando's were trained like mandos by the mandos so the have the mando culture which involves the colours

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back