My MOW ROTJ JP (Hehehe...lots of abreviations)

tk9950

Hunter
Here it is. My finished MOW ROTJ JP. I'm really interested in hearing from MOW himself!

Enjoy:

P8060595.jpg

P8060593.jpg

P8060594.jpg

dag yo! that looks good. i really like the built up dirt effect in the corners. madmartigan, the jet pack is only really scary until you start working on it. after you've got your first color down it gets a lot easier. tk9950, did you layer your damage or is it topical? personally i did mine topically, i used a silver marker after i layed down the base colors.

The damage is topical. I was schooled by Darth Miller. He showed me 2 pieces of armor. One topical and one layered. and really I am not an expert, but it was very hard to tell the difference. I think for first timers topical is the way to go. I used a small brush and then a toothpick dipped in paint for the scratches. Base colors are really the hardest with all the masking.

Thanks! Its really amazing how many colors it takes to get that look. You think its a color or two ,then you start adding these shades and your like wow! :)

LOL!!! No lie I had the entire thing masked off at one point except the red, which was my last color.

I remask the whole thing between EVERY color lol :lol:
Since I do mine with layered scratches, I'd hate to have to repaint any color due to overspray
I do mine in this order though
Silver
Yellow
White
Red
Blue
Black

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back