Ultimate Edition Boba Fett Costume?

The Fett Man

New Hunter
Someone said something about it, and i was wondering if anyone knows what im talking about or if they have some information about it? it will be really cool if they do have one:)

I think you have been referring to the mass produced Fett items that have been going around lately. I read your other thread about the collector's edition fett helmet, which I believe you are talking about the rubies or don post helmets.

As for actually owning one...I wouldnt waste money on that if your looking into having a serious Fett costume. A don post might be worth building up and using, but the new costumes that came out, no.

From what I understand (think i read it on gizmodo or somewhere) they want to release a full fett suit like the vader suit they did, that was for sale at spencers for like900 bucks.

Now, I havent seen it, and you cant believe everything you read, but thats the way I understood it, though they didnt give a date, or a price, so it could be wishfull thinking

Not wishful thinking for me. They murdered their new TK there about to release. Their Vader isnt horrible but it could have been a little more accurate in my opinion for the price of it.

Their Vader isnt horrible but it could have been a little more accurate in my opinion for the price of it.

HA! I knew I wasnt the only one that didnt reject it from the face of the planet! I'm purchasing one to wear temporarily till I'm finished with my Vader. ppl cant tell the difference anyways, if they're not 501st ;)

But yeah... I really hope Rubies doesnt try Boba... He has too many details for Rubie's tiny little brains to obsorb.. they'd massacre him.

If your not looking for screen accurate, I couldnt agree more. No kid or adult who is not into costuming would not know the supreme edition compared to any other. Their TK is another story :lol:

I think that The Fett Man may be referring to the company Museum Replicas, with the newly formed Windlass Studio's, who have recently started the Master Replica's takeover since they lost the LFL merch rights...

Here is the link... http://www.windlassstudios.com/t-land-starwars.aspx

For mass production, they will look pretty good, but far from the standard needed for 501st approval, and im sure itll have many flaws and inaccuracies that we with the fett addiction, or any other costume addiction, will see straight away..

Ill say that itll be far better than the Rubies for sure... Ive seen the Anakin progression on the SotS forums, and although initially i was rather taken back (after spending a large amount on my Anakin, and knowing that people could spend a few extra $$ to get that accuracy down instead of a one shop costume) but in the ned it boils down to convienience... Some people will just want to get the suit from one place and go out and wear it to cons, or just display it.. Others may want to upgrade in the end, striving for more accurate parts..

But as it the line will be officially licenced, all vendors might have to keep an eye out just in case they kick up a fuss about more accurate and (seemingly) cheaper items for sale that would be seen as competition...

Anyways, unless they have a new rangefinder servo board that will replace my current one (due to a servo meltdown and my lack of electronics knowledge to change the pulse timing for the new servo) ill just give this all a miss.. :p

here is the one rubies is releasing

authentic-boba-fett.jpg

Should be noted that the new Rubies Supreme Costume.. Erm...
The helmet on that picture is the MR. NOT the one they'll be selling with the costume. Also doesn't come with shoes, nor a blaster. Now you can complain about Rubies just like the Vaders do. I don't want to think about mods to a rubies Fett.

Mod's????? Better off starting completely from scratch IMO!!!! LOL

Oh, I agree. But you know someone, somewhere will want to do it...

I have more experience with vader costuming, and the mods needed for the Rubies Vader are terrible. Most people end up replacing the whole suit costing them more money in the long run.

Oh, I agree. But you know someone, somewhere will want to do it...

LOL!!!!!! Don't I know it!!!! When I was GML for our garrison, I had my share of Rubies vaders try to sneak past me!!!!!! LOL Wouldn't be surprised if it happens with these too. Then you current GMLs will get to hear "but I paid quite a bit for this, and I can't join the 501st with it????"

Ohh...I miss those days!!!!:lol:

LOL!!!!!! Don't I know it!!!! When I was GML for our garrison, I had my share of Rubies vaders try to sneak past me!!!!!! LOL Wouldn't be surprised if it happens with these too. Then you current GMLs will get to hear "but I paid quite a bit for this, and I can't join the 501st with it????"

Ohh...I miss those days!!!!:lol:

Yeah, our GML also deals with the same thing. Though he lets me look over the Vader apps before he approves them or not. I just point out the problems, and let HIM deal with the applicants! Though we did get one guy who said he modded his rubies when he didn't.

Hi, first reply in a longtime. I have been out of it for a while. Sorry to bring up this eyesore, but any word if the buckets might be better made then the older Rubies (I believe it was called roto plastic)? I'm working on a suit for my wife and the rubies is a good fit, but I didn't like to work with it. She is 5'6" 115 lbs and wears a toddlers baseball cap. Need a small bucket.

thanks Bonded Hawk

this thing looks like boba just got it back from the dry cleaners......and i'm sure the actual product looks worse than the photoshoot for it.....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back