Mystery lid progress

thanks again for all the encouragement, guys!! escho, it wasnt this pretty at the beginning...as boomer said it, i have improved, and your skills develope as you go...this is my FIRST ever ANYTHING to paint like this, so it has come along, and working with a fett lid, it helps cause it IS messy, and scratched up, and dirty, so you dont have to be perfect, and really, that is what makes it awesome, the fact that it isnt perfect....:eek:

i have seen that, and wasnt sure what color to use...awesome brother!!! so like the base metal color on the left side crack? and around the mandys and on the band in the back? (y)

not the silver, but the lighter grey for base metal color...or are those one in the same? :lol: silver=base metal....? i used a testors color called "gunship grey" or maybe "battleship grey" for my base metal color....up by the t-visor slot, the end of it, on the left side and down the mandys, the ledge between the mandys and upper cheeks...(y)

more progress made...feels good...almost there, alllllmost there...stay on target, stay on target...:lol:

100_2091.JPG

100_2095.JPG

thanks guys!! i am ecstatic!! i really never thought i could do it...thanks for all the help in this process, the encouragement helps immensely!!:eek:

that is one hell of a sweet job i am impressed i love it hope mine comes out half that good wow just cant wait to get started on it now

well, that time again to post some more progress on my mystery lid...i have been working on the dome lately, and have got some more on the back and the right side, behind the earpiece...i have yet to finish these areas, and still need to use the steelwool to blend some, but the idea is there...i messed up on the spacing with the right side of the dome, it seems to me that the damage area goes to high...but no turning back now...:eek: would love to have your input on these areas, thanks everyone!!

100_2149.JPG

100_2150.JPG

100_2154.JPG

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back