Mystery lid progress

i dont have a contest to compete in brother in a given timeframe...what you have done is awesome with all things considered...:) (y):cheers

I messed up on the spacing with the right side of the dome, it seems to me that the damage area goes to high...but no turning back now...

Hey D, I'd have to agree with you on that rear right section... soz?
But what you have done on the rear of the dome looks really cool... 8)

ask my wife, i am sure she is keeping a tally...:lol: many hours, mostly a few at a time...weeks worth maybe? thanks for the nice words, brother!! thanks to everyone for your input, much appreciated guys!!:cheers

love it! I was short on close up ref material when I started. I need a lot mor touch up on the dome part and more damege. Good job D!!!!!

Note: Are the kill stripes the right height from the brow ridge? they look a hair low to me. Then again I don't have a clue of what I speak..

yes they are...:facepalm i have had that brought to my attention, but had too much detail painted on to fix it...when i do my next one, ill be sure to correct it...;)(y) thanks brother!! yep, those ref pics are crucial...

Hey FD,
Great work so far.. I do agree the damage detail is slightly out of scale with one another.

next time just use areas of the helmet as size reference...
Ie; the kill stripes can be used for scale ref.

Also the height of the ear caps in relation to other damage details.
hope it help.

I did that to my friend Helmet... I painted it ALL by eye, I didn't have time to trace then paint.:eek:
so lining things up before you lay paint helps.

cheers

ps.
its always easier the second time.

Last edited by a moderator:
whe i get my lid, you have to tell me step by step in the layered painting job... because you are totally awesome dude ^_^

well, brother, i only did the layering on the back panels...;) everything else is topical...(y) i would be happy to help in any way i can...:)

oh im so gonna be over you when i get my lid :p you are gonna be my master, so im officially becoming your mandalorian padawan :p

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back