Who's got a talent for the Mando language?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone who can translate English to Mando could give me a shout on this thread...?

The reason I'm asking is, I'm thinking about getting a tattoo with writing in Mando.

I don't want to say what the tattoo will say right now, as its very personal to me, but if someone can help me out with a translation, I'd be happy to post pics when I've had the tattoo done.

Thanks in advance guys, I know someone out there can healp me!! :cheers

Pauly

if it helps as well, using the dictionary provided by Karen Traviss, I've got a Mando'a translator program.

go to Here to download it.

Simple, menu driven, enter your word in English or Mando'a and it will translate it, if it's in the dictionary.

Guys this is great!!! (y)

Thanks for these links - [TAG]Jaster, I was going to go down that route so thanks for digging that out for me!!!

Dha'kad Junn - This dictionary is great, but there's one term I can't seem to find, and that is:

My life

Just those two words, but to put it in context, what I want it to mean is the purpose of my life. Does that make sense?

If anyone can chip in with this term I'd be really grateful!!

Pauly

Sorry mate, if it's not in the dictionary then there hasn't been a word invented for it yet. Karen usually updates the dictionary twice a year (it was updated in Oct 07 and April 08 so far), so there should be a new update due later this year.

Unless you can find another way of writing what you're trying to say (some people have done this for other words, trying to find a word for Ghost etc), then you may have to wait.

Sorry ner vod

Just to give you an example of how writing looks, here's a pic of my gauntlet

it has the writing "Ba'buir, morut'yc o'r Manda" written on it

gauntlets4.jpg

have you got the Mando'a font?

Fantastic you guys!!! Thanks LOADS for this!!!!

Synn - Yeah got the font, [TAG]Jaster gave me a link, above.

GCN - Thanks for the offer my friend, I'll PM you in a sec.

Again, thanks to everyone for your help. Stay tuned for the tattoo in a few weeks time!!!

PS Synn, I just checked out your progress thread, your custom looks bad ***!!!!

(oh great! A language filter? I wouldn't consider "***" to be an offensive word!!! lets see if it blocks out "censorship"!!)
Just kidding mods!!(y)

Cheers mate :) Just replied to your PM

I post most of my updates on Mercs (as it's dedicated custom really), and I didn't want to keep posting little updates on here, but I post the big ones :)

/hijack over

If I can help anymore just let me know

And ignore that bit in my PM about location - just seen your based in South Wales :)

I'm on the lookout for tattoo artists in London today. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can get this thing done!!!

Thanks everyone for chipping in, will post pics as soon as I get this done!

Stay tuned!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back